Joomla or Drupal - better software design?

thecst

Reaction score
Hello there!

I'm interested to know, before make desicion, what cms will be better.
Features, that are desirable:
- unicode support (I think, that both cms supported it?)
- max quantity of articles on site, what can be managed by cms - which restrictions existing
- better database design - optimized by qty requests to database, when users/admin accessing articles

I have about 500 articles currently, but total number will probably reach 2000. If somebody had experience in using both cms, and there are some pitfalls. For example some secutiry holes?
And of course - maybe, exists third, better choice ;).

tondopie

Reaction score
Both are pretty much the same but I prefer Joomla as it is more developed and supported and very stable.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
dont use drupal if you plan to uninstall it. You need PHP version 3 to run its un install file.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
thats really just how the databases are set up. doesnt really help much. but good idea. it does help a lil.

thecst

Reaction score
varunrai, thank you for the link. It's really helps a lot. I've found that both cms have support for UTF-8. And Drupal have support for Postgres, that is a good thing. Now I will dig the sources ))

varunrai

Reaction score
one thing I forgot to mention. There is one website called opensourcecms.com

You can try out all these CMS over there to check which one can be useful for you. Mostly they have all the CMS installed on their server so before actually installing on ur system you can try there also.

Thanks,
Varun

Uchiha Sasuke

Reaction score
joomla and drupal work great except when u are trying to intergrate your forums like phpbb3 that will seem harder

reybre

Reaction score
You guys should use Iweb, it is by far the easiest web-making software ever

kkenny

Reaction score
You guys should use Iweb, it is by far the easiest web-making software ever
We're talking about open source CMSes, and not any web making software. And I have used Iweb, and it's harder to use than Drupal. I mean their is basically messy coding with a bad Learning Curve while Drupal has a difficult Learning Curve and at least has decent code.

joomla and drupal work great except when u are trying to intergrate your forums like phpbb3 that will seem harder
Joomla has many extensions to integrate forums. I've seen a few for Drupal but not as much as Joomla.

varunrai, thank you for the link. It's really helps a lot. I've found that both cms have support for UTF-8. And Drupal have support for Postgres, that is a good thing. Now I will dig the sources ))
If your hosting with x10, you'll probably use mySQL which doesnt even matter if Postgre is supported or not =/