Kinda urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

tropic22

Reaction score
Is it possible that x10 servers were hacked ??
The reason i ask, is i have some odd stuff going on with my site.
1. PhpMyAdmin dont work.
2. Email dont work.
3. Anytime im online i also show up as a guest with the x10 IP address
4. Today, i had a new member show up and register with these credentials
Username:
WillieOn
Email:
sdhghjksgjw@yandex.com
Date Registered:
September 10, 2014, 11:23:59 AM
IP:
Hostname:
xo4.x10hosting.com
Local Time:
September 11, 2014, 08:31:46 AM
Last Active:
September 10, 2014, 11:24:00 AM
Thats a x10 hosting IP with a Russian Email address

5. Normally, i can post a tweet with a link back to my site and get 30-40 pageviews in less than a second. Now, i get -0-
Normally i can make a post on Google Plus, with the same results Now - 0-
Normally i can make a post on Facebook with a linkback to my site, Now -0-
Something is definitely weird here, i just dont know what it is ???? :(
Help please !!
Ive cleared all information off my board to maybe help damage control.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
something else about your account's free-hosting server xo4...
one of my students had trouble with his homework - about using the htaccess file
We found that any 'deny from' in the htaccess file - within the range of [ 192.0.0.0 - 198.255.255.255 ] - will throw a 403 error (Forbidden) to all users of your site on xo4 - same as 'deny from all'

the other three (3) free-hosting servers do not have that issue

BTW - IP [ 198.91.81.5 ] is the IP of your free-hosting server xo4

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
The server was not hacked--all of these issues have explanations.

1. What do you mean it "doesn't work"? I just tried it--it works.
2. Email is something we're working on.
3. I will modify the configuration to make sure this server variable is being set correctly through Varnish.
4. Same thing as three. Also, get yourself some anti-spam measures on your forum.r
5. I'm not sure what the problem is with your backlinks--but it has nothing to do with the server.

tropic22

Reaction score
Ok thanks for all the help. Ive deleted everything on this account, except the account itself, which you cant do anymore either. Having a working email feature is the best anti spam measure there is, most spammers dont use a real email address, so they are never able to activate, But if the email dont work, neither are real potential members.
Anyway, i have no doubt that a otherwise fantastic service like this will eventually get it right.

I guess i missed the explanation on #4 unless one of you guys (Admins or Staff) use a Russian email with a X10 IP

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
The explanation on number four is the same explanation as number three. The user's IP address is not being passed to the server correctly by the reverse proxy.

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
As I said in the original note, I am going to make sure the configuration is modified so it is working.

tropic22

Reaction score
I really dont intend to sound like im trying to be difficult, but i guess i just like for stuff to work right, free or not. And i know you guys do all this for free, and trust me if i had access to all the buttons i would figure out how to fix it myself, but i dont so i just have to either learn to live with imperfection, or whine here til someone just does it.
Sorry for being such a pain, i just retired so i got nothing better to do :)

At this point i guess i would be happy if it just worked, forget the mail issue,

tropic22

Reaction score
I have come to believe that all these issues are related to xo4 and the new cloud hosting, never had any of these problems on the other servers

kippykip

Reaction score
Have some problem, all users ip's have the same ip address which leads to x10hosting
upload_2014-11-12_20-36-15.png

This is very bad as now it can't check stopforumspam for ip addresses and people can not be ip banned anymore!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Do not post your, completely unrelated, issue on someone elses thread. Closing this thread that is a couple months old.

Status
Not open for further replies.