Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Server upgrades have been completed.

All servers now officially support ASP.NET 2

I'm waiting on some modifications for our new forum skin still... they are bit overdue with it and I hope to have it today.

Server Maintenance
Luckily we only need to recompile Apache\PHP every few months, and now that is completed we will be good for a while. We still have some minor changes left to make on all the servers but they shouldn't cause more then a minute or two of down time here and there while we restart services. All major updates are FINALLY completed.

New Site
The new account panel is 100% complete. We are still having staff test it as of now but have not found any major bugs. This is one of the things that has held up the new site release the most.

The new sign-up system is also complete. We will start testing of it today. As long as no bugs are found in this we should be good to launch in the next week.

New Sign-Ups
These have been on hold for ad-enhanced for quite some time and on and off for adfree. Adfree sign-ups will be caught up before the re-launch, I plan to turn them back on today. We may clear the ad-enhanced queue. If you signed up for ad-enhanced I would recommend signing up again for adfree for now. Around 50% or so of ad-enhanced accounts are abuse related, due to everything that is going on we do not have the normal resources available to police these new accounts. The new site will not allow ad-enhanced sign-ups. Instead you will need to request the upgrade to ad-enhanced manually. This will greatly lower the abuse rate with these accounts. So, once again... if you have an account in queue for ad-enhanced I recommend signing up again for an adfree account.

Questions?

Last edited:

xPlozion

Reaction score
sounds cool. now we're gonna slowly get members that code asp and no ones gonna be able to help them :p

can't wait to see it live.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Does this mean we should be seeing ASSP icons on our panels? I'm still not.

No, Corey was talking about the Account Management Panel. I will talk to him to see about the ASSP icons to see if they are meant to be there. He might still be fixing some things up with cPanel.

modlovecat

Reaction score
When is everything going to be up around here? Im really anxious to get my site working again (and having my blogs functional) after like 2 months of not having any site and losing followers

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Did you try reposting your support ticket? It worked for me :)

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
When is everything going to be up around here? Im really anxious to get my site working again (and having my blogs functional) after like 2 months of not having any site and losing followers

This topic isn't for support, but clear your cache and flush your DNS, your site works perfectly fine.

aoscomputing

Reaction score
do i need to configure anything in order get asp.net 2 to start working?

Or do i just upload the files to the server?

mudnutz

Reaction score
x10Hosting's Ad-Free hosting signups are currently in high demand. As a result, a queue system has been enabled to help keep the load down. Your hosting signup has been added into the creation queue. When your account has been created, you will receieve an E-mail confirming your sign-up details.

Estimated time to wait: 9720 minutes

If this time frame is accurate, please delete my account.
Also, receive is spelled incorrectly in the last sentence.

Last edited:

JKoltner

Reaction score
Mudnutz,

I received a similar message. I opened a support ticket asking about it, and they said free website creation is on hold at the moment, so I suspect the delay could be anywhere from almost nothing to the quoted time or longer.

Personally, I'm just going to cool my jets and wait for a bit and see what happens. The folks running this place are volunteers and of course the services are free, and the community seems really good. (If I needed web posting immediately I'd just sign up with one of the paid providers, after all.)

Perhaps a little ironically, one of the other really good free web-hosts, heliohost, also has a freeze on the creation of new accounts right now!

---Joel

BloggerAdmin

Reaction score
Thanks for the update! I finally got through all the new announcements (usually I just pop onto the forums but don't read through all of it) - there was a lot to read! Nice job, and the new skin looks pretty slick. :)

cheesycrazy

Reaction score
Thanks X10Hosting!
Your really cool! Thank god I found a decent hosting service on the internet :D

blueiron

Reaction score
Just a question. If you are clearing the Ad-Enhanced Que, I would have to make a new account.
I would like to keep my current accounts and log-ins and just have an ad-enhanced hosting service added to this account. I've waited a little while now, and haven't received notification of my site being added to the host, so i figure my application was flushed out.

Would there be anyway I could just re-apply for my hosting package while still using my current account?

Sorry if this wouldn't really belong here, but the topic brought this to my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.