Latest Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just giving our latest update on what is going on with x10.

First off, we have a contest open and you should join. It's free stuff ;) http://forums.x10hosting.com/enterContest.php

Secondly, shared SSL is now enabled on ALL free servers. In order to use it, you must know the name of the server you are on. You can find this on the left side in cPanel, and also in your x10 account panel. If my cPanel name was corey and I was on the Absolut server, I would access shared SSL through this link: https://absolut.x10hosting.com/~corey/
If there are any questions on this please let us know.

Third, some things are still being implemented. We have a lot of custom systems that run x10 and we are still moving them over from the old versions. Everything has been 100% recoded so it is taking a bit of time :). The next big thing to go back in will be the PHP version system. We hope to have this in by the end of the weekend but it may take a few days longer. We use this system because it cuts down the abuse that is normally seen on free hosting, less abuse means more stable servers for everyone else. So please be patient just a few more days and we'll get that back in for you.

Fourth, as everyone has noticed we've upgraded your disk space to 500MB from 300MB. If everything goes well you may see another jump in space coming soon. You can still get the adenhanced plans but you must place the ads and then request the upgrade. An account manager will review your site then upgrade your account.

Fifth, we will start beta testing the affiliate system sometime next week. Everyone who has emailed me will receive a response then.

Last!, the new site launch has went better than we could have hoped for. We are still fixing issues as we receive them and hope to have them all ironed out over the next few weeks. If something is not working as it should please report it to us, we will get it fixed in one of the upcoming updates.

Questions?

We do not provide support in news threads

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't know how you keep managing to make X10 even better, but thanks! :)

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. How will we be notified if we have won the contest?

Naysha

Reaction score
thanks for update.. i will wait for news with php..

Last edited:

cosmocrazy

Reaction score
The way we have to access the SSL is kinda funny. Is it a wildcard certificate being used?

Also, a note to those using hotlink protection:
If you attempt to access your site securely, it will probably appear broken if you have hotlink protection enabled. You'd have to add "https://server.x10hosting.com/~name" to the referrer whitelist in cPanel.

Ninesvnsicks

Reaction score
Thank you for the update Corey I am loving the new x10hosting, what is the "affiliate system" tho?

oinkoink

Reaction score
thank you for the ssl.. it will really help us. keep up with the best host ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.