Learning CSS

the_site

Reaction score
Okay so I know CSS is called Cascading Style Sheet and they are great including to your website.

I am wondering what are good ways to learn CSS, and is there any tutorials making a CSS based site on Dreamweaver?:dunno:

sourfacedcyclop

Reaction score
You can find a ton of resources online but w3schools.com is one of the best ones to use. There are also a bunch of people on the forum who are willing to help people out too. Personally I think the best tool is good ol' trial and error, thats how I learned it.

Last edited:

qjqqyy

Reaction score
first, you need to elarn XHTML
if u dunno xhtml, learn
YOU MUST FAMILIRAISE YOURSELF WITH XHTML BEFORE TRYING CSS OK???
very important
then, css is also very complex
not very

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Well I have to say w3schools.com and practice, a lot of practice!

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
`lots and lots of practice
`get Firebug, helps with fine tunning CSS
`if you are stuck on a bug, google it, chances are somebody has the same problem
`if you need ideas, don't be afraid to get sneaky and take a peek at other site's code. just don't be a biter and steal it
look at it, refer to it, but write your own

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
o yeah, a couple more points

`be patient. (i've been going at it for about a 2 +/- years now, and I still need to peak around for some help)
`and make sure to check your CSS if its compliant. you don't want to find out from your top-notch client that your CSS may look wonderful in FF, but like crap in another browser because it was not CSS compliant

you can find the checker somewhere on the w3c page, im too lazy to look for it right now =]

the_site

Reaction score
Speaking of validators... I was using one and it totally butchered up my layout when I used the tidy tool. How can I validate it , but make it look how I want it.

merrillmck

Reaction score
I finally got around to spending some time at w3schools.com (which I've seen posted multiple times on these boards) and now I'm just saying thanks to everyone who's mentioned the site. Great learning site for all sorts of web-related skills.

syrius

Reaction score
I always find 'zen garden' is a great place to learn about css, you can see what you can do with css and even see other peoples code so you can see how they did that amazing layout you love.

http://www.csszengarden.com/

hope this helps a little ^_^!

Last edited: