Locate php.in file on server

Status
Not open for further replies.

techvech

Reaction score
hey , i am hosting my website on wordpress due to some end of memory limit of php server i am unable to work on more applications ......

i need to locate php .ini file on x10hosting so that i can configure it memory limit
plz help it urgent
:eek4:
help me to find php.ini and to increase memory limit

nbwebmaster

Reaction score
The only one whou can use php.ini is the one who installed php, which would be the x10hosting staff. You cannot edit it. They have the memory limit set low for a reason.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You would need to buy a VPS if you want to edit the php.ini file

techvech

Reaction score
thanks for the reply!!! :cool: !! what is the reason they have limited the memory of PHP server to 32 M is there any other way by which i can add more widgets to my wordpress blog which i am unable to add due to memory prob..........:nuts:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
thanks for the reply!!! :cool: !! what is the reason they have limited the memory of PHP server to 32 M is there any other way by which i can add more widgets to my wordpress blog which i am unable to add due to memory prob..........:nuts:

The reason is simple: 1000's of accounts per server. If the memory limit gets any higher, the server can become insanely unstable and your posts won't be about the memory limit, they'll be about the server being down. Granted, not all the accounts are using all that memory at one time, but when the server hits a peak period it's gunna start dragging in a hurry if the memory limit is too high.

Shy of re-coding all the widgets so they use less memory, there isn't much you can do on free hosting.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Just download the widgets from wordpress.org and install them yourself... People these days are too lazy to manually do stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.