Mail Is Broke Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

tropic22

Reaction score
At least for me, members cannot activate their accounts because they never receive the activation email. I also cannot create an email account in Cpanel.
Can this be fixed ? Is it something im doing wrong ? It would be really nice to have that function working more than one time.

tropic22

Reaction score
Update: Just tried again and was able to create an email account in Cpanel ??? But still no mail function to registering members. Says it has sent the mail, but it is never received.
Whatever ??? tired of this issue, ill just set the registration to immediate, after the captcha and questions i have there now to allow registration, and BAN the IP of any spammers.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've just looked into this and it appears it's not a problem with the server, but rather with your individual account sending mail. I'm still looking into it.

EDIT:

Actually, this is because you're sending email from an account that's not in your cPanel.

The email you send from has to exist in cPanel-- tropic22@xo4.x10hosting.com does not.

tropic22

Reaction score
I cant set up an email address like that in the CPanel Neil, it only allows whatever@ tropicalfishaquarium.x10.mx so how do i get tropic22@xo4.x10hosting.com ?? :confused:

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
I cant set up an email address like that in the CPanel Neil, it only allows whatever[at]tropicalfishaquarium.x10.mx so how do i get tropic22[at]xo4.x10hosting.com ??
in short - you can not use the domain [ xo4.x10hosting.com ]
what you can use is:
whatever[at]tropicalfishaquarium.x10.mx
and
whatever[at]any_parked_domain_in_your_account
and
whatever[at]any_add-on_domain_in_your_account
and
whatever[at]any_subdomain_in_your_account

with the limit of 3 total Email accounts in a basic free-hosting account - you can have 1 to 3 Email accounts on any one of those domains

the limit is 4 total domains in a basic free-hosting account

Last edited:

tropic22

Reaction score
Ive tried that, still wont send mail, for registration purposes. So im just set up with immediate activation, after a couple of question answers, and a captcha of sorts. That will work i suppose, its just a dang shame that we cant get this aggrivation sorted out.

letstal6

Reaction score
Disregard any further on this thread. I made a couple of changes to my account, and now everything works fine :) No clue what was wrong ?? but moving right along works for me. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.