Michael Jackson reported dead

jmcgowan

Reaction score
It's a shame that we've lost a great entertainer. In recent years he's really just creeped me out, but that doesn't change what he accomplished before that. The big shame is that Farrah Fawcett also passed away, but the news coverage of her death had barely even begun when Michael Jackson's death completely eclipsed hers.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Re: Micheal Jackson reported dead

• The name of the person who invented the World Wide Web?

Tim berners-lee ;)

Well, I guess it's sad, but it's not a big deal for me, I didn't like him anyway

loveispoison

Banned
Reaction score
im not a big fan of michels and i hate for what he did u may heard of the bad things he did i didnt like him dont get me wrong but im shocked what i saw in the news its kinda weird he was preparing for the concert in london to bad he is dead and i think maybe its the doctor who may have done something to him.

and check this idiot out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w--O9LveiEU

Last edited:

mjserv

Reaction score
yeah, thats really crazy.

I was just listening to one of his songs via pandora the day before and also saw a college dance final and the group danced to "Beat it"

rebellion

Reaction score
They recently found a bag of over the counter drugs, all intermixed in his house. It is unfortunate. RIP Michal!

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Re: Micheal Jackson reported dead

I still find it amazing how society idolizes ;

• Actors (basically just people who are good at pretending/lying, & who usually look attractive).

• Singers (basically just people who can vibrate their vocal cords in a way that gives some pleasure, & who also usually look attractive).

• Celebrities (who basically have no discernible talent, but are just famous for being famous).

Can anyone even tell me the name of ;

• Someone who lives locally to them who gives up all their time for charities or good causes?
  • The names of some life-saving surgeons, doctors, nurses?
  • The person or team who discovered DNA?
  • The person or team who pioneered the technology on which mico-chips are built?
  • The name of the person who invented the World Wide Web?
  • The names of all the people who work long hours every day, for little money, just to support their struggling families?

I wonder when society will get it's hero-worshipping priorities straight? :happysad:

Please click my Reputation button
reputation.gif
(at the corner of this post) & make me :) -it costs you nothing!

If I've traded services/credits with you, please remember to leave iTrader Feedback. Thanks.​
Good point.

But idol worship is what the american society is all about. ie. sports, American Idol tv show, Mr. President, etc.
Sad, isn't it?

btw, Can anyone tell me the name of the guy who works extra hard to maintain (and boast about) an old outdated cellphone? :lol:

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Can you believe what his dad is doing. Only a few days after his death and his dad is starting a record company 'in his name' because 'he would want his music to live on'. He is starting it in the name of charity.

Many ignorant people would donate to that idiot. Those who do not know that Micheal's dad abused him and doesn't care about his death.

Last edited:

David

IRC: For Cool People!
Reaction score
I hate bandwagon jumpers and 50% of the people in this thread saying "It's so sad" were the same people running around telling the lascivious MJ Jokes a few years back when your beloved Michael was serving Jesus Juice as the refreshments for his parties. (Traffic on the side walk was RIDICULOUS, never saw so many big wheels in my life!)

My point is, 80% of all of the "awww it's soo sad", "Oh he was such an icon" is fake, and ridiculous. Just because he's dead doesn't mean you have to pretend to like him for the customary time period. 90% of the 50% of the people in this thread will be right back to making tacky Michael Jackson jokes when all the fuss dies down such as "Since Michael was 90% plastic, they've melted him down and turned him into legos for kids to play with" (credit to the text message I got this in, but Paul said it before I got the message.)

And the guy who mentioned the world idolizing actors and celebrities and what not, kudos to you. Sure, the celebrities might donate some money to charity, but what about the every day citizen who drops their life and moves to third world countries to help with disasters. What about the doctors who close their practice to go give free medical care to children in depressed parts of Africa. What about those who fight every day to end the tragedy of the Darfur region? What about the teachers, police officers and firefighters?

The world needs to get it's priorities straight for once.

loveispoison

Banned
Reaction score
Can you believe what his dad is doing. Only a few days after his death and his dad is starting a record company 'in his name' because 'he would want his music to live on'. He is starting it in the name of charity.

Many ignorant people would donate to that idiot. Those who do not know that Micheal's dad abused him and doesn't care about his death.
:hahano:

realy did his dad realy do that hmmmm i tought he was abusing kids

merrillmck

Reaction score
I hate bandwagon jumpers and 50% of the people in this thread saying "It's so sad" were the same people running around telling the lascivious MJ Jokes a few years back when your beloved Michael was serving Jesus Juice as the refreshments for his parties. (Traffic on the side walk was RIDICULOUS, never saw so many big wheels in my life!)

My point is, 80% of all of the "awww it's soo sad", "Oh he was such an icon" is fake, and ridiculous. Just because he's dead doesn't mean you have to pretend to like him for the customary time period. 90% of the 50% of the people in this thread will be right back to making tacky Michael Jackson jokes when all the fuss dies down such as "Since Michael was 90% plastic, they've melted him down and turned him into legos for kids to play with" (credit to the text message I got this in, but Paul said it before I got the message.)

And the guy who mentioned the world idolizing actors and celebrities and what not, kudos to you. Sure, the celebrities might donate some money to charity, but what about the every day citizen who drops their life and moves to third world countries to help with disasters. What about the doctors who close their practice to go give free medical care to children in depressed parts of Africa. What about those who fight every day to end the tragedy of the Darfur region? What about the teachers, police officers and firefighters?

The world needs to get it's priorities straight for once.

Man, I don't see anyone claiming Michael Jackson did more good for the world than the unheralded social worker who moves to another country to help the less fortunate. Michael Jackson isn't a saint.

He was however a historic figure. Terms like "historic" don't denigrate the charitable social worker nor elevate Michael Jackson. Billy the Kid was a historic figure but not a saint.

I really don't understand the point of the posts that try to denigrate either Michael Jackson or "people in this thread" simply due to the fact that Michael Jackson wasn't a saint.

zen-r

Reaction score
I agree that we don't need to denigrate MJ.

I think that the negative comments here & elsewhere are more of a reaction to compensate for all the treacle we're having to wade through about him in the media at the moment.

If people are going to hero-worship him, & even, as Kayos pointed out, kill themselves over his death, then I think it's understandable if some people want to try & knock his image back down a peg or two.

As I said towards the start of this thread, it's all about getting things in perspective. Without going into the murky & controversial areas for which he stood trial, there are still plenty of other things that keep me from thinking that there was anything too wonderful about him.

• He's one of thousands of artists that I feel have added good songs to our heritage - nothing unique or special about him there, to my musical tastes at least.

• Just because he sold a record breaking number of Thriller albums, doesn't mean the glory is all his. I think Quincy Jones, & a huge budget might have had a hand in it, too!
  • The Thriller video - come on, was it really that great?!! A derivative rip-off of so many horror flicks of the time, made to look "good" thanks to a huge budget. Personally, I thought it looked a bit cheesy. So it had some dancing in it -whoopee doo! Take a look at hundreds of early colour film Musicals, or live stage acts going on well before that video. Nothing new or clever there.
  • The first black artist on MTV - well, that says more (bad things) about MTV than it says anything good about him. He was popular at the time, with a popular video, & a record label that was powerful enough to coerce MTV into showing him. So it got shown. No thanks to anything wonderful done by MJ. Right place, right time, & it made him lots & lots of money.

• The moonwalk - created by others, & re-used by him. Nothing pioneering there.

• The white glove on 1 hand - Oh Please!! It's easy to look iconic if this is all it takes: dress in a way that no-one in their right mind would want to dress & be seen in public. Still today, the only people you see wearing white gloves on one hand are other MJ wanabees. He hasn't exactly created a look for us all, now, has he?
  • The eccentricity - well yes, a bit of clever marketing with some set-up shot of him lying in a gas bubble & similar stuff, coupled with a bizarre lifestyle of living with a chimp, apparent body dysmorphia, & all the endless other stuff, which I said I wouldn't go into. This shouldn't be stuff that enhances his reputation, but unfortunately the gossiping media & members of the public just love all that. The weirder the better. But people are confusing this hype, with greatness. It really isn't.

People bought into all his "I love you" lines, & "care for the children" (cough, cough). He may have cared, he may not have. So what? - he's not the only one around who cares about others.

Actions speak louder than words. And whilst he may have given a lot to charity (which is a good thing if done for the right reasons), I'm afraid I'm still left with one lasting memory of him;

The image of him during a TV documentary, walking around a large, super-expensive shop & pointing at items in quick succession. "I'll have 1 of them, 3 of them, 1 of them, 5 of them.....". These were garish trinkets, vases, statues etc costing umpteen thousands of dollars each. He barely glanced at the items as he pranced around the shop, buying up everything that met his whim at that moment. The staff who were trying to keep up with him couldn't write the items down fast enough. He seemed to buy enough to fill a lorry. MJ didn't even ask the prices. I was totally sickened by his incredible, selfish wasting of money.

This is how much he really cared about those starving children that he so often tried to make the rest of us feel guilty over.

These trinkets that he filled his house with, were more important to him than the lives he could have helped with the money.

Now, I'm not an expert on MJ, & am prepared to be corrected on any of the above points. But my general feeling remains: he was over-rated.

"Don't believe the hype"

Please click my Reputation button
reputation.gif
(at the corner of this post) & make me :) -it costs you nothing!

If I've traded services/credits with you, please remember to leave iTrader Feedback. Thanks.​

Last edited:

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Some say he knows two facts about ducks, and both of them are wrong.

David

IRC: For Cool People!
Reaction score
Some of you have completely missed my point.

"Historic Figures" come in all shapes and sizes, and so do "Idols". However, some of these "Historic Figures" and "Idols" don't deserve these positions.

Christopher Columbus is a historic figure, but he also beat, raped, and murdered women and children.

My point, big deal. He made some contributions to the music industry. So what?