Mp3's

Status
Not open for further replies.

longoria

Reaction score
I just had a simple question. Can I or anyone put a song (mp3 or Wav ) on my site just like two or three of them for people to download

zen-r

Reaction score
The Terms of Service will answer that for you.

Generally - "no".

saif7463

Reaction score
File Storage: Accounts are not to be used for file storage, your account will be permenantly suspended if found to be breaking this rule. Downloads are only allowed on your x10Hosting account if they have to do directly with your website. e.g. you developed custom software and are selling it or giving it away. Accounts may not be used for mirrors, game file hosting, or any other type of file hosting not specified here.

While it does say no file hosting, it does allow downloads that are directly related to the site. Therefore, if one were a musician, I'm sure one could allow downloads to original compositions.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The ToS also says no file hosting, streaming etc.

If you are the creator of the music, you are allowed to host it. That's what I've been told by the admins when I asked them about it...

zen-r

Reaction score
While it does say no file hosting, it does allow downloads that are directly related to the site. Therefore, if one were a musician, I'm sure one could allow downloads to original compositions.

Yes, from my understanding that is correct - providing it is directly related to the theme/purpose of the site.

allofus

Reaction score
We have a shoutcast server and multiple show hosts;

Each live show is recorded in 1 hr slots in mp3 format. Said files are then automatically uploaded to x10 ready for the hosts to publish.

The archives are then available for download and instant playback. (show-archives)

I did mention our intent a few weeks ago to the x10 staff when enquiring about more server space, all be it in a brief manner. I was not told "you cannot do that", instead I was told that x10 was considering providing unmetered server bundles.

Yesterday I upgraded to the corporate bundle.

Having communicated a lot in recent weeks with the admins and this activity never being raised as an issue I will stick my neck out and suggest that hosting your own mp3's in context of your website is ok.

I suppose it could become an issue if thousands of people are all trying to play huge mp3's on your website at the same time because it would hog resources.

In that eventuality one could always buy a vps.

Actually I have considered this as a potential issue and am looking into how I can have the newer recordings on the VPS because they will be in higher demand and then move them over to the unmetered account for the long-term archive.

The only way I can see this working for me is to have 2 show archives areas, Fresh and archived.

I shall cross this bridge only if the need arises though.

MattG.

Trusten

Reaction score
I have never tried creating my own mp3s before xD

Are we allowed to host our own video and image files?
I have some original artwork, anecdotes and home-made videos I wonder if I can host it for downloads. It has direct relationship to my website coz its about my artworks.

Is that allowed?

(Website still under construction.)

Status
Not open for further replies.