My design website :D

Elesarr

Reaction score
I like the simple feel: uncluttered, easy to read and gets to the point.

I agree with the comment on the lowercase letters I understand the feel you were going for and I think it works well.

I don't like the logo - reminds me of spray paint... =(

I'd rather see something like a chocolate bar being unwrapped, something nice and 3D. The wrapper for the chocolate bar can have your company name on it along with valid html valid CSS lettering as well. Maybe even a bite out of the bar too to show how tasty your sites are ;)

You talk about being valid Html and CSS experts so either have both tags at the bottom if you are going to use them or have neither - not having the CSS tag kinda makes it look like your site is not valid CSS even though you say you excel at that ;)

On the page that shows your work, I am not a big fan of the really small images personally I'd go with 100x100 images for the logos and 200x200 images of the website demos and those could actually be mini screenshots - imho the way this part looks now looks sloppy like you rushed through it - doesn't fit with the rest of the site which feels thought out - follow?

Hope my comments were of help and good luck with the business! :cool:

Last edited:

Scott B

Reaction score
Mkay thankss man :p I put valid CSS links

Last edited:

bovril

Reaction score
Hi,

I like the logo, and I think the overall look of the site fits with your goal of simple and functional. However, if you do simple, you also have to do perfect because otherwise anything which is not perfect will stand out like a sore thumb, especially when you're selling your design skills.

A few people have mentioned the lack of capitalization; you're making a design statement with your website, so lowercase text fits nicely with simple. However, you need to be consistent with your use of lowercase (labels on examples page, note about ion, form labels, html/css links) - personally, I'd go for lowercase headers and menus, but use sentence case for paragraphs of text, to make it easier (simpler and more functional?) to read. Perhaps the logo would work better in lowercase too?

I think the Facebook button on the overview page should be repositioned - it doesn't align with anything, so it looks kind of lost, like an afterthought. Similarly, the examples page looks cramped and rushed; perhaps larger thumbnails and/or better use of white space.

Finally, something a little pedantic maybe, but your form has a 'Sumbit' button, rather than a 'Submit' button.

Apologies if that comes across as too negative - I like your site really!

Scott B

Reaction score
Yeah...but no one knows that :p
I made a contact script and it seems to be messed up, I'm working on it