my site down

Status
Not open for further replies.

djalam

Reaction score
lol buddy relax you have to give it 6-8 days, with the upgrades being done your free hosting will be better then your "friends" free hosting on other sites with much better support.

sedunham

Reaction score
I think some people have an incorrect perspective (like the post before this one). "Free" isn't worth a damn if it doesn't work. In fact, with Stoli seemingly always down or dreadfully slow, I feel very much like I AM paying--with my TIME. The old saying "time is money" is very true and very applicable to many people here.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Free hosting is for hobby sites and people learning web design who want to test their skills and learn more about web hosting in general. If your site is too important then you should use a paid hosting instead. It's simple as that.

shdus1

Reaction score
If you want to find another host, x10hosting is not losing any money if you leave. However, if you decide to stay, you will be happy that you did. I was going back and forth between different hosts for a while, but x10hosting seemed to win out. I found x10hosting when I was looking for a free host for ASP.Net. I stopped programming in ASP.Net, but stuck with my account. And I am happy that I did. It is fast, and configured to allow my website to run (it wasn't working quite right on another host).

Everyone is upset about the downtime, but it was done so that everyone would get better hosting.

sclewin7

Reaction score
Free hosting is for hobby sites and people learning web design who want to test their skills and learn more about web hosting in general. If your site is too important then you should use a paid hosting instead. It's simple as that.
Really well put.

sedunham

Reaction score

I think you're missing the point, so to clarify, my site here IS for fun, but there are other people relying on me getting this site to work properly, and I feel rightly obligated to not disappoint them. The more time I need to spend on my free site (like creating a whole duplicate site on another free webhost and switching back and forth between that one and x10, depending on which is working the best), the less time I have for my professional site.

EDIT: shdus1 snuck that post in before I submitted this post. So, thank you shdus1 for that info.

Last edited:

sclewin7

Reaction score
I think you're missing the point, so to clarify, my site here IS for fun, but there are other people relying on me getting this site to work properly, and I feel rightly obligated to not disappoint them.
In this case I would suggest using a good paid host. I have a fun hobby site myself that host my PBBG's and I have that on a paid host. I use my free X10 site to develop my PBBG's and provide a place for people to beta test them.

Status
Not open for further replies.