My site shows up all messed up in Internet Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

gogamagog

Reaction score
this is my site:

http://www.roadrunnerbailbonds.x10hosting.com/

in firefox it looks just how i set it up with no problems, however i opened in IE by mistake only to find that most of my pages after this page:
http://www.roadrunnerbailbonds.x10hosting.com/index.php?p=1_6_New-Jersey-Bail-Bonds
have HTML code displayed within the content.
Then there are pages not displaying any text content and at lest one page doesn't display any content at all, if someone can tell me why this is and how to fix it i would appreciate it very much

"ROAD RUNNER BAIL BONDS LLC"
A New Jersey based Bail Bonds Company, serving the state of New Jersey.
Bail Bonds 24/7 - Call day or night at (732) 744-0700 for your bail.

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
hi gogamagog , in my IE there was no problem . try enabling flash,cookies,javascript

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello, i see absolutely no issues with your site, it's loading perfectly in Firefox and Internet Explorer. It may have been a temporary issue. If it happens again can you please take a screenshot.

adrenlinerush

Reaction score
ie 8 renders css same as firefox and opera... however ie 7 and earlier do not... you may have to create a seperate css file to compensate on those versions... then use the html comment hack to load on those browsers example:

<!--[if lte IE 7]><link href="/stylesheets/ie.css" media="screen" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /><![endif]-->
Edit:
also ie 8 when using compatibility mode emulates ie 7 so in turn renders as ie 7 (the previous comment will load when in compatibility mode)

Last edited:

gogamagog

Reaction score
ok first off thax to everyone for your reply's.
I'm using IE v.8 and this is what it looks like on my end

eg-03.jpg

eg-02.jpg

eg-01.jpg

"ROAD RUNNER BAIL BONDS LLC"
A New Jersey based Bail Bonds Company, serving the state of New Jersey.
Bail Bonds 24/7 - Call day or night at (732) 744-0700 for your bail.

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Can I see a larger version of the shots you took of IE v 8 from your end? I'm interested in taking a look at the code that is showing up on those pages, but it's too small to see in the current screenshot size.

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Okay. I've done some small quick research after viewing the source of your beginning page. I don't know why those particular tags are showing up when viewing the site, but in the source code, I've identified a lot of problems with your html.

Correct if I'm wrong here: Your css in the head tag is surrounded by the comment code tag. This tells the browser to disregard the code inside the comment tag. Tutorial site I found on comment tags.

A lot of your table tags are not nested nor closed properly.

I don't mean this to be harsh criticism on your html code. In learning some html in the past, I've had the darndest time with the table tags myself. Improper nesting and closing tags was usually the cause of my frustration in pages not showing up like I wanted them to.

I hope this helps in solving at least part of your problem.

Edit: From the response below, ignore my advice about the comment code. It's nice to continue learning.

Another thing to correct me if I'm wrong: This is the first time for me to see the thead and tbody tags. I researched to see if there are compatibility issue of those tags and IE 8. I found that there is an issue with the tbody tag. I don't know if it's been resolved yet or not without doing extra coding.

Last edited:

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Okay. I've done some small quick research after viewing the source of your beginning page. I don't know why those particular tags are showing up when viewing the site, but in the source code, I've identified a lot of problems with your html.

Correct if I'm wrong here: Your css in the head tag is surrounded by the comment code tag. This tells the browser to disregard the code inside the comment tag. Tutorial site I found on comment tags.

A lot of your table tags are not nested nor closed properly.

I don't mean this to be harsh criticism on your html code. In learning some html in the past, I've had the darndest time with the table tags myself. Improper nesting and closing tags was usually the cause of my frustration in pages not showing up like I wanted them to.

I hope this helps in solving at least part of your problem.

Actually, it's a good practice to put HTML comments marks in CSS and JS, as CSS and JS will ignore this, and on older browsers that doesn't parse CSS and JS, this would prevent that browser from showing the CSS as text.

I agree that your HTML is a bit messy, and you have to work with that a bit. Firefox auto-corrects such misstakes, but IE doesn't. http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=h...up=0&verbose=1&user-agent=W3C_Validator/1.654 tells what needs to be fixed, it's a bit complicated to understand, but it could be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.