My two factor authentication is active - Cannot access my account

Status
Not open for further replies.

yahhb

Reaction score
Hello,

I wanted to secure my account with two factor authentication/text message being sent to my mobile security- as advertised/now a main part of securing accounts -

I turned it on, i received a passphrase or secret phrase on the screen of my computer when i was finished however it didnt ask me any number to input for text message to be sent nor did it give me any error message that no cellphone # was setup on my profile either-

I know i didnt have a cellphone number attached to my account - i never touched the two factor authentication until recently and now its not letting me in without a pass code that its sending to i dont know where :S ...

Why was i able to turn on two layer authentication without a number?

Can this be changed.. did i miss a step, i followed all the instructions X10 form sent me and everything -

Is there anyway i can get it de-activated the two factor authentication.. so i can have access to my account and correct the issues?

Please i need my account back to normal as soon as possible :(...

Thank you

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
There is no hosting account associated with your forum account, we'll need some information in order to check this for you.

What is the domain associated with your account?

I just checked in my DA account, and that two-step Authentication does include an instruction to download an Google Authenticator App (though only if you hoover over the questionmark next to the headline), you'd scan the QR code with the app and then you'd be logging in with the app rather then password if I understand it correctly.

yahhb

Reaction score
Hello Anna,

Thanks for your reply back.

My domain is dtf.x10.mx.

i dont recall seeing the instructions for the authenticator app - as all the system gave me was a secret code: ..

is there anything i can do with this secret code?

Is there anything you can do as in dis able the two factor authentication or??

Hope this helps.

yahhb

Reaction score
Hey anna,

I just downloaded the google authenticator and i tried to enter the details manually .. i have my secret code and i entered that code however what do i put in for the username it gives me an example .. (example@example.com)
would i put the x12.x10hosting.com domain or...

Also i get this when i try the code from the authenticator

"
Sign in Successful
Please standby while transfer you to your web hosting account.

An error has occurred forwarding your sign in. Retry

"

When i click RETRY it goes back to the Open Cpanel and then asks for the code - i do it again and the same page comes out with that error...

yahhb

Reaction score
i think its working now -

i tried a different browser i was using firefox - and now i changed to Google chrome and it started working ...

mmm i wonder if i should disable this two step verification lol...

yahhb

Reaction score
Never mind its not working any more, not even able to open CPANEL says its taking too long to respond..

is there any way to disable my two factor authencation for my domain dtf.x10.mx anna?

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
you might have got yourself blocked for failed logins.
you may need to wait for Anna or other staff member to unblock you.

yahhb

Reaction score
Thnks for commenting :)

I probably have - when i had the chance i should of removed and deactivate two factor authentication.

i guess ill just wait for a reply - and when i get in .. ill just remove it entirely.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Thnks for commenting :)

I probably have - when i had the chance i should of removed and deactivate two factor authentication.

i guess ill just wait for a reply - and when i get in .. ill just remove it entirely.
The IP you posted this from is not blocked. There may have been a temporary block though that prevented earlier attempts.

Before I go into your account and make any kinds of changes you'd need to post back from the forum account that is actually linked with the hosting, this so we can verify that the account you are asking about is indeed yours.

The forum account would have been created alongside with your hosting account and has the username foxstats (same password as for the SSO page should work).

yahhb

Reaction score
The IP you posted this from is not blocked. There may have been a temporary block though that prevented earlier attempts.

Before I go into your account and make any kinds of changes you'd need to post back from the forum account that is actually linked with the hosting, this so we can verify that the account you are asking about is indeed yours.

The forum account would have been created alongside with your hosting account and has the username foxstats (same password as for the SSO page should work).
-------------

Hi Anna,

Thanks for the reply -

I dont recall another account maybe i had one a while ago.. that FOXSTATS username sounds familiar.

Are you able to send me an email to yyaahhbb@gmail.com > with the email address for that username FOXSTATS and what i had under that?

Also for the one that im having issues logging into now is with this domain-

• Username: dtfx10m2
  • Your Domain: dtf.x10.mx
disable the two factor authentication if you can for me on the DTF.X10.MX domain

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, you could probably try logging in through the sso page, we have implemented some changes that should make it possible to always login through that page, regardless of mismatched passwords.

I can unfortunately not tell you what email address that forum account is under, but since it is tied with the hosting account and SSO login, it would likely be the same email as you have there.

The forum account FOXSTATS is the account that is tied in with the hosting you ask about, this one you post from right now (yahhb) is a forum account that is created as a standalone account and isn't tied in with anything else.

yahhb

Reaction score
Actually, you could probably try logging in through the sso page, we have implemented some changes that should make it possible to always login through that page, regardless of mismatched passwords.

I can unfortunately not tell you what email address that forum account is under, but since it is tied with the hosting account and SSO login, it would likely be the same email as you have there.

The forum account FOXSTATS is the account that is tied in with the hosting you ask about, this one you post from right now (yahhb) is a forum account that is created as a standalone account and isn't tied in with anything else.
--

Its definetly my account - i tried loggining in with yyaahhbb@gmail.com as username and the password as i always use it and it says Sign in Successful
THere was an error trying to direct you to your site -
and says click here to retry -

then doesnt go anywhere and by me doing it over and over again i lock my self out -

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
by me doing it over and over again i lock my self out

yes to many failed login attempts will get your ip blocked.
just saying.

@Anna
maybe there is something higher ups can do to prevent all the ip blocking.
like increasing the allowed attempts a little, before users get blocked.
just saying.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
--

Its definetly my account - i tried loggining in with yyaahhbb@gmail.com as username and the password as i always use it and it says Sign in Successful
THere was an error trying to direct you to your site -
and says click here to retry -

then doesnt go anywhere and by me doing it over and over again i lock my self out -
Your IP is not currently blocked.

For security reasons I can not make any changes to an account when the request does not come from the verified accountholder.

That said, I have tested with my account and even with two-step auth on I could login through SSO without being prompted to use the two-step verification.

yes to many failed login attempts will get your ip blocked.
just saying.

@Anna
maybe there is something higher ups can do to prevent all the ip blocking.
like increasing the allowed attempts a little, before users get blocked.
just saying.
As it is now, everyone should be able to login through SSO (we have also implemented code that syncs the password that is used on the SSO to DA and main ftp account). So they should no longer end up blocked as much.

yahhb

Reaction score
Your IP is not currently blocked.

For security reasons I can not make any changes to an account when the request does not come from the verified accountholder.

That said, I have tested with my account and even with two-step auth on I could login through SSO without being prompted to use the two-step verification.

As it is now, everyone should be able to login through SSO (we have also implemented code that syncs the password that is used on the SSO to DA and main ftp account). So they should no longer end up blocked as much.
well i just tried to login as you said - and this is what i am still getting -

I am the account holder of my domain dtf.x10.mx - i can tell you what files i have there and everything if you need me to verify my self - //

i can not login - here is the screen shot - the one that i always see -
im trying different browsers -
i cleared my cache
i closed my browsers ..

nothing working -

Attachments

• Login not working.png
    Login not working.png
    48 KB · Views: 3

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
well i just tried to login as you said - and this is what i am still getting -

I am the account holder of my domain dtf.x10.mx - i can tell you what files i have there and everything if you need me to verify my self - //

i can not login - here is the screen shot - the one that i always see -
im trying different browsers -
i cleared my cache
i closed my browsers ..

nothing working -
I have turned it off. For future support requests, please try and use the proper forum account.

yahhb

Reaction score
I have turned it off. For future support requests, please try and use the proper forum account.

I am using the right forum account, i just created this new forum account - there was no option to "connect them together" i am not sure how the other one was connected as i cant even get the email address i used for the other account ...

I am sorry i have upset you -
i know how annoying it might be as im pretty annoyed my self - ///

however there is no connection to x12 hosting, soo i guess i will have to wait and see what happens -
This site can’t be reached
x12.x10hosting.com took too long to respond.

my apologies //

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I am using the right forum account, i just created this new forum account - there was no option to "connect them together" i am not sure how the other one was connected as i cant even get the email address i used for the other account ...

I am sorry i have upset you -
i know how annoying it might be as im pretty annoyed my self - ///

however there is no connection to x12 hosting, soo i guess i will have to wait and see what happens -
This site can’t be reached
x12.x10hosting.com took too long to respond.

my apologies //
The foxstats account was created in 2016, likely together with an hosting account you created at that point. I can only see the email that is tied for the SSO login (which is the same as you posted earlier), I can not see any email addresses associated with forum accounts here at the forums so I can only assume that account has the same as your SSO account, I don't have that security clearance.

yahhb

Reaction score
The foxstats account was created in 2016, likely together with an hosting account you created at that point. I can only see the email that is tied for the SSO login (which is the same as you posted earlier), I can not see any email addresses associated with forum accounts here at the forums so I can only assume that account has the same as your SSO account, I don't have that security clearance.
ok - so what do i do now -

the email address that i have saved for my login that i was able to login with all before this two factor authentcation was initiated i was logging in to my DTF.X10.MX..

nothing to do with FOXSTATS ..

how do i get my files back for DTF.X10.MX?

Status
Not open for further replies.