MyBrute

claes89

Reaction score
I really like how people suddently post about this game the minute I do it, but I guess that's life.

Mitch

Reaction score
I am using that site now too. I see it now a lot on xfire.

Mybrute: http://1mitch.mybrute.com (don't win :p)
(besides the other thread explains the site better)

Last edited:

deadmaus

Reaction score
Hi guys, Just a warning to you all. The game/site called Mybrute.com has a tracker virus and is very risky to use atm. This morning my PC found the virus and removed it from my desktop. There is also a thread on this on eve forums. I'll provide the link at the end of this post. I advise anyone who has been using this site to run a system scan, Block the site and change all of your passwords just to be safe. Its a shame coz its a fun little game. I won't be using it anymore. Just a warning folks

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi guys, Just a warning to you all. The game/site called Mybrute.com has a tracker virus and is very risky to use atm. This morning my PC found the virus and removed it from my desktop. There is also a thread on this on eve forums. I'll provide the link at the end of this post. I advise anyone who has been using this site to run a system scan, Block the site and change all of your passwords just to be safe. Its a shame coz its a fun little game. I won't be using it anymore. Just a warning folks

Are you sure that the tracker virus came from the site and didn't come from any ads that might have been on the page? I didn't bother to check out the site here at all yet, but the crap that comes with advertisements (tracking cookies, malware infested Java files, etc) besides just seeing flashy banners is the main reason why I block all advertisements here in the first place right at my Linux router. I don't even see ads on x10Hosting, Google's Search Results, cPanel, etc nor have I ever seen one since I set up my router to start blocking ads.

Last edited:

kohroyston

Reaction score
Are you sure that the tracker virus came from the site and didn't come from any ads that might have been on the page? I didn't bother to check out the site here at all yet, but the crap that comes with advertisements (tracking cookies, malware infested Java files, etc) besides just seeing flashy banners is the main reason why I block all advertisements here in the first place right at my Linux router. I don't even see ads on x10Hosting, Google's Search Results, cPanel, etc nor have I ever seen one since I set up my router to start blocking ads.
Cool. You block ads @ router level?
Is that alot of work?
I only use adblock plus plugin on Firefox. Pretty good.

I've never received any malware etc. from mybrute.com either.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Cool. You block ads @ router level?
Is that alot of work?
I only use adblock plus plugin on Firefox. Pretty good.

I've never received any malware etc. from mybrute.com either.

It is a lot of work. I had to find an old PC around my home that is good enough for the job, install Linux, optimize it, tweak it, install some apps to it, configure the hardware, lock it all down and harden the Linux system down, set it up as a router, and then start creating rules and such. I'm using a custom coded program to do the work. The worst part of it all though is keeping an eye on system resources. Since I'm using a Pentium III box, it tend to run out of resources quite quickly especially if I'm making 500,000+ connections to game servers in a short amount of time (Steam lol) in a given time, so I need to keep scripts running to keep the RAM free and such.

The only issue with this setup though is if I think the router is blocking something, I have to go down to the router, open up a web browser on it and load up the site in question as that's where I deliberately leave the browsers unfiltered. It is a big pain in the butt to crack down on problems as well, and to keep Linux up to date (updates tend to ruin much of the work, but I do keep Linux up to date).

Last edited:

kohroyston

Reaction score
It is a lot of work. I had to find an old PC around my home that is good enough for the job, install Linux, optimize it, tweak it, install some apps to it, configure the hardware, lock it all down and harden the Linux system down, set it up as a router, and then start creating rules and such. I'm using a custom coded program to do the work. The worst part of it all though is keeping an eye on system resources. Since I'm using a Pentium III box, it tend to run out of resources quite quickly especially if I'm making 500,000+ connections to game servers in a short amount of time (Steam lol) in a given time, so I need to keep scripts running to keep the RAM free and such.

The only issue with this setup though is if I think the router is blocking something, I have to go down to the router, open up a web browser on it and load up the site in question as that's where I deliberately leave the browsers unfiltered. It is a big pain in the butt to crack down on problems as well, and to keep Linux up to date (updates tend to ruin much of the work, but I do keep Linux up to date).
So you used a PC as a router?
Nice.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I use Avira Premium and it didn't found any viruses on the site. I use adblock in FF so it might blocked it.

Anyway let's get back to the game. I don't see how can this be interesting to anyone. It's so stupid I cant believe people are paying it.

That's just my opinion.

Last edited:

deadmaus

Reaction score

http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/general-discussion/248975-mybrute-com-hit-trojan-virus.html

http://community.norton.com/norton/board/message?board.id=nis_feedback&message.id=47442

http://www.symantec.com/norton/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2008-052714-3021-99