MySQL databases not there anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmcleod213

Reaction score
Seems both of my mySQL databases are no longer available. System says they are there but checks tell me they aren't and I'm not able to log into phpMySQL. I know it's free, but now it's costing me in lost time and productivity. I'm almost done with X10 -- looking for another service.

Checking Database
klaxon_cpg is now being checked.

Error from MySQL query: DBD::mysql::db do failed: Unknown database 'klaxon_cpg' at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql.pm line 1196.
Failed to use klaxon_cpg: Unknown database 'klaxon_cpg'

Check Complete

Checking Database
klaxon_dp is now being checked.

Error from MySQL query: DBD::mysql::db do failed: Unknown database 'klaxon_dp' at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql.pm line 1196.
Failed to use klaxon_dp: Unknown database 'klaxon_dp'

Check Complete

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi gmcleod213,

Sorry about this. It looks like your databases didn't fully restore properly after our recent server migrations. I've now finished up restoring your databases, and your sites now appear to be loading :)

If you have any problems with x10Hosting in the future, please can I ask that you create a support ticket where we will be more than happy to help with any problems you may have, as opposed to immediately "looking for another service". We have been going through cases like this one by one, but the server migrations finished 2 months ago.

Thank you,

gmcleod213

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the prompt attention. I'm sorry for expressing my frustration but it seems every time I try to access X10 there is something else stopping or delaying me from doing what I came there for. I'm not "immediately" looking for another service -- I'm doing so after several years of issues.

I know the service is free and I'm not in a position to ask for much. As for creating a support ticket -- that option was removed for users of the free service a couple of years ago -- the forum is the only avenue to raise an issue.

Once again, I apologize and, as I'm clearly just not doing it right for you, I'll take my nuisance self elsewhere.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi gmcleod123,

Just wanted to follow up with this for you. As Dead-I stated above, these issues were a result of the server migrations which occurred at the end of April/beginning of May. While I understand your frustration with not having your databases, two months had passed since this issue started, and you didn't raise a complaint about it previously.

When we migrated servers, a large amount of accounts had problems, ranging from Databases to files missing, to entire accounts being setup improperly. We had a period of about three weeks where the only thing on the forums were requests to have issues fixed, which a small group of us (1-3) went through individually and diagnosed and fixed each individual issue.

Free hosting is staffed mainly by Volunteers for support, who escalate pressing issues up to Account Managers and Senior Admins. And yes, the Forums are the only method of support right now for free hosting. We've gone through tons of different options for support for our free users, and we always come back to our forums. We like to encourage community support so that, not only do people learn, but also they have a searchable database of possible solutions for their issues before they come asking for help.

I applaud you for sticking with free hosting for such a long time. Four years is quite a long period to have a website with one company, especially on our free hosting. I know you probably don't want to be upsold to premium hosting, however I may recommend our Illuminated service. This will give you much greater stability and features for your account, as well as access to a "proper" support system with access to open a ticket. You can find out more about this service by going to the "Get Support" link in your Client Panel.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I just want to add:

Sometimes patience isn't a virtue; when your wheel needs grease, you should squeak a little more quickly. Yes, the migration was (as usual, given that the Free Hosting servers are far more heavily populated than a normal cPanel shared hosting setup) a little on the chaotic side, and that caused more downtime than was anticipated. But the database migration failures issue was new and exciting -- and erratic, with no discernible pattern and more than one failure mode. The only way to know there was a problem on any given account was if the account holder reported it. I know, it's hard to find a balance between reasonable patience and reasonable demands, and I usually err on the patience side myself. I miss out on a lot that way, and all in all, I'd have to count it as a net negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.