MySQL PHP Errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Warning: mysqli_connect(): Headers and client library minor version mismatch.

Is this a problem with my PHP Code or a website configuration error?

darknessiseek

Reaction score
I have same problem it is the hostings problem they need to upgrade the PHP to the current one, and the Mysql...

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
We're experiencing a problem with mysql on xo3. I'm reparing it now.

mushriq74

Reaction score
Hello, any updates on this problem? My phpbb forum has been inaccessible for almost a day now.

Thanks!

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
at about 03:00 2014-06-19 UTC
test PHP script on x10hosting's free-hosting server xo3 [old Level ] - IP: 198.91.81.3
was showing...
PHP server date and time is ==> Wed Jun 18,2014 23:00:00 EDT America/New_York <==
Warning: mysql_connect(): Headers and client library minor version mismatch. Headers:50173 Library:50531...
Connected to MySQL server successfully

MySQL version is = 5.1.73-cll

Will try to connect to database
Connected to database successfully

Will try to select data from table
I received this from table ==>Murphy's Eighth Law: If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.<==

I connected to x10hosting's server Level - connected to database - and received info from a table

Peak servier memory usage by this script 316032 bytes
###

the other (two) x10hosting's free-hosting servers did not show that 'Warning'

Neonacid64

Reaction score
I'm getting this same problem on my login script (ar7login.x10.mx). Any estimated time that it will be up?

damospla

Reaction score
is there a fix to this?
mysql_connect(): Headers and client library minor version mismatch. Headers:50173 Library:50531

mathquad

Reaction score
It doesn't effect database connection. Just a server version mismatch with PHP and MySQL; if you want to hide the warnings, put error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_WARNING);

scripte2

Reaction score
Can we have a fix for this? Is it really that hard? I've been debating as to whether to go premium or not, but every other month I seem to have problems here.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with the connection to MySQL, it's a weird version mismatch I believe is being caused by mod_security. We're looking into it

Free hosting should not be considered a "trial" of our premium services. Our free servers are packed in to provide a free service to tens of thousands of users, which I think we do pretty damn well.

Our premium servers are much less packed, and are configured /much/ differently than our free ones, especially with regards to how we treat abuse, since there is /very/ little abuse on premium.

darknessiseek

Reaction score
Still not fixed?
Mysql was upgraded but, seems like the PHP part was not upgraded to the same compiled mysql version, leaving that mismatch error.

For those using a database, your database still works, that error is just an error because php part have not been updated to the correct one compiled of that mysql. Your sites all work just will have that error at the top till it's sorted out.

scripte2

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with the connection to MySQL, it's a weird version mismatch I believe is being caused by mod_security. We're looking into it

Free hosting should not be considered a "trial" of our premium services. Our free servers are packed in to provide a free service to tens of thousands of users, which I think we do pretty damn well.

Our premium servers are much less packed, and are configured /much/ differently than our free ones, especially with regards to how we treat abuse, since there is /very/ little abuse on premium.
So, basically, what you're saying is that I would be taking a gamble to use "premium." Or is it that I wouldn't be having problems uncontrollable by me almost every other week. Because I'd be glad that my site would be able to handle more traffic in premium, but the same rate of embarrassing errors stopping all site-wide function is just nonsense.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
So, basically, what you're saying is that I would be taking a gamble to use "premium." Or is it that I wouldn't be having problems uncontrollable by me almost every other week.
No, we're saying that you shouldn't judge premium hosting based on free hosting. Both services are setup completely different and premium gets far less abuse than on free hosting. I'm sure you can understand that, since this is free hosting, free hosting tends to attract a LOT of abuse. :)

zhubimen

Reaction score
any more updates to this? as reinstalled my cart today, and due to this error i cant even log into my backoffice :/

Neonacid64

Reaction score
I added ob_start();, which fixed the database connection, but kept the errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.