Need Website Ideas.

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Well for the past couple of years I have been working on and off, mostly off, on my portfolio site. And changing and re-changing the design scheme. But lately I have not been working on it at all, rather I got a project from a client.

So I just decided to delete all my files for my portfolio site and start something else. And that's where my brain stopped working, and I need you to pick up.

I have no idea what kind of site I am going to make.
so I am imploring you guys to give me your input.

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hmm, how about a hosting site?

After having recently found one lurking in the UK that is charging £75 a year for 10Mb of space and 50Mb of bandwidth per month, was seriously toying with the idea of setting one up myself.

Trawl the web for inspiration then see if you can put your own spin on another design, plus jquery enables a lot of new tricks to spice up things. That and quit fretting and go work your way through some photoshop tutorials , if you don't own a copy of PS don't worry the 'the Giimp' is a good alternative and the tutorials will still help.

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

After having recently found one lurking in the UK that is charging £75 a year for 10Mb of space and 50Mb of bandwidth per month, was seriously toying with the idea of setting one up myself.

lol. I do still want to use x10hosting for free =]
so no hosting site for me, plus when i tried to setup my vps that i owned for 1month because of the great promotion Corey had, it just went down to waste, because I could not set anything up.

Reaction score
Make a great tutorial page. Make clips of what you`re good at and sell your videos and ebooks. Is this a good idea or absolutely not you? :D
You could include a forum or something. Maybe just have a look at what you are good at and work with this. That should at least narrow it down.

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
How about you make a site, where the system sets up random blind dates for people, based on the information they provide...?

OR

Make a site where people dare others to do something, and then post a video of it...it can make loads, if you advertise well and then get people to advertise on your site...I tried this, but then, I have no scripting knowledge...

redbud

Reaction score
I recommend selecting a topic that you know a lot about and enjoy, e.g. woodworking. Your site will be better and you will enjoy working on it.

eradicator69

Reaction score
As long as it's something that you can stick with, just do that. That should be enough to get you by. Social Networking is big..used Dolphin from Boonex if you want this (just google Dolphin Boonex and you'll see what i'm talking about.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score

Trawl the web for inspiration then see if you can put your own spin on another design, plus jquery enables a lot of new tricks to spice up things. That and quit fretting and go work your way through some photoshop tutorials , if you don't own a copy of PS don't worry the 'the Giimp' is a good alternative and the tutorials will still help.
Selling on hosting space on x10 hosting is against the ToS :)