New design feedback

sonicsshadow

Reaction score
Hey. I've been working on putting this redesign together for awhile now and I'm looking for some feedback. I'm mainly concerned about how evenly everything is spaced out and how visually appealing it is. The functionality is far from complete, but I wanted to get some feedback on this before I went further. Any comments help, and feel free to comment about functionality. Ease of use is also something else I'm interested in hearing about. Another thing that I'm really concerned is whether or not I should make it so when you click on a game, should the game pop up in a new window like it does now, or should it bring you to a new page which will have the game on that page?

I haven't done a huge amount of tests, but this should appear correctly in most up-to-date browsers using a minimum of 1024 x 768 resolution.

Re-Design:
http://paranoidk.com/preview/public_html/index.html

Current Design:
http://paranoidk.com

Thanks for your feedback.

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
I do prefer the new design to the old one, however, the new design could do with a bit more text on the front page i.e. Game names that are always there instead of only on rollover.

coops

Reaction score
Agree with the comment above. Also would move the more games section up a bit so it matches the spacing between the top two sections

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The new one is better but it's far from being good. There's too much going on and I just don't know where to look first.

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
New one is better, but would personally increase the size of the icons on the bottom footer. Give it a chunkier feel.. think Fisher Price in terms of style might work.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You have five different backgrounds. I know they look good but that's just too much. Also, background should be nice but it shouldn't draw attention, content has to do that.

sonicsshadow

Reaction score
I've taken your advice and I have put together a new design:
http://paranoidk.com/preview/ReDesign.png

The bar on the bottom will still be there, this is just an image, so I didn't bother putting the bar in there. This is just a sketch up. Also, because this is just a sketch up, some things might not be aligned, or the fonts might look odd, this will be changed when I turn it into an actual website. Some of the text might also look terrible, this will be different in the final version. The "Top Users" area is being debated for its use; I'm not sure what will eventually go there.

I don't know what is wrong with this new design, but it just seems off, maybe you guys can give suggestions / feedback.

Thanks.

the_site

Reaction score
I like the designs of your site, they are coming along, but whats it going to make it different from the site; kongregate? Kongregate is a site where you play flash games, earn achievement badges, able to register to be a user, and etc.

Last edited:

sonicsshadow

Reaction score
I like the design of your sites, they are coming along, but whats it going to make it different from the site; kongregate? Kongregate is a site where you play flash games, earn achievement badges, able to register to be a user, and etc.
I make these games / the site for fun. I don't really mind if my site is inferior to the competition. Kongregate is a great website, and I doubt mine will be as good as theirs, but I am one person maintaining the site and all of the features on it, so I don't have unreal expectations.

I prefer web development over web design, which is why I want to get this design out of the way so I can get into the fun stuff.

Last edited:

the_site

Reaction score
I prefer web development over web design
Totally true, very true. Sorry if I came up brash, didn't mean if I did... I just wanted to know what was your goal. You said you made them games, makes your site even more dedicated! :D

stardom

Reaction score
i like how the new design looks, i played around on the preview, is it fully functional yet?

sonicsshadow

Reaction score
No, I'm still debating what I'm going to do with it.

Do you think it would be better if I kept the preview from my first post (the actual "website") and removed the "more games" section and did that differently?

Last edited:

stardom

Reaction score
That would open up more space, try having a splash page with a featured game maybe? Also i would suggest to put some kind of menu up at the top of it. for easier navigation and i dont know if it is because of functionality. but you cant exit the game to play another?