New Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hauzer

Reaction score
Whoa!

The web site overall is great, but I prefer the old Control Panel layout. Also, you guys missed something, you may of done it on purpose, I don't know but the free-webhosts link-back.

Sorry if I'm being a pain, but you may be removed from the directory.

joshy

Reaction score
I like the new design and all but i tryed to log in and i still have my subdomain but it didn't know my name, email, date of birth, password secret question, package, well basically everything except subdomain, username, password.
style: ;)
user friendliness: :happysad:
annoyance of this::eek4: :mad: :rant2:

zen-r

Reaction score
It looks very nice, clean-cut & logical in layout. Of course, I haven't tested the new sign-up & getting started procedure - I only hope it works better & makes more sense than the one in use when I signed up last year.

I expect there's still a large risk of confusion for noobs in figuring out;

what the Control Panel is, what the cPanel is, it's username & password, which should be different from the forum username & password, & which one is the same as the Hosting Account username & password. And when to use each of these - it often wasn't clear or logical.

For example, from the homepage, which user/pass do you enter to access the Hosting Account Management System? Your Account user/pass? Wrong. Your Forum user/pass! Then, under the old system, when you were now in the Account panel, under Account Details there is a box to change the password. This actually needs to be your cPanel password, not the forum password. And so it goes on. Not the easiest of systems to understand for the average regular member, let alone noobs. On quick inspection of the new setup, I'm pleased to see that some areas of this system have been improved & clarified, but not all.

Also am I right in thinking that everyone who had previously been upgraded has been downgraded from intermediate PHP to basic PHP again, requiring another upgrade request, or is it just me?

Last edited:

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
I still have ad-enhanced. I was wondering if the accounts were going to be all reset to ad-free.
Only those that were under 500mb were reset to adfree on the downgrade earlier.

I love the site (even though I got to beta test it already).
Great job to those who helped out with the new look.
Also, thank you all members who stuck with x10 to see this happen.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I helped with the signup pages when I was a staff member. :biggrin:

blakex

Reaction score
Also am I right in thinking that everyone who had previously been upgraded has been downgraded from intermediate PHP to basic PHP again, requiring another upgrade request, or is it just me?

My PHP also downgraded from intermediate to basic again,
DO we require to make a request again ?

zubair12

Banned
Reaction score
new site creating problem for me!!!
when i signin it says:

An Error Occurred - Sorry, the forum account supplied has not been properly linked to a hosting account

please PM me wat to do.....

tbarb

Reaction score
Muuch better! (Easier on the eyes, and brain!) LoL. Great Work!

Jesse

Reaction score
Wow, I love the new site :)
Looks Sexy and Professional

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Would like to point out one thing that I'd consider as a bug, although truth is it's probably more like a missing feature.

I requested upgrade of php, as I was set back to basic. As time for when I did send the request it gives what I assume is the local time where the server is located, it's several hours off from my time. It would be a lot easier for me as a customer to have this information in my local time, as I would then know how long ago I submitted the request... One way of doing it would be setting the time in the format: 1 hour 10 minutes ago, that way it would be easy fo me to know, as well as for you when I go yelling you are taking to long to respond (I am sure that does happen, although I try and be patient in all matters)

usector

Reaction score
When logging in to the main page using the boxes at the very top of the page, the password is in clear-text (doesnt replace text with ****). Not a huge deal, but if someone was looking over your shoulder..

zen-r

Reaction score
When logging in to the main page using the boxes at the very top of the page, the password is in clear-text (doesnt replace text with ****). Not a huge deal, but if someone was looking over your shoulder..

It's replaced with **** for me. What browser/setup have you got?

Edit: something's buggy with the Account Panel. I just entered a request to re-upgrade to intermediate php again, & the panel gave me an error code, & has now locked me out - I can't even log back in again!

"An unexpected error occurred communicating with the backend system. Error message: server error message: SimpleXMLElement::addChild(): unterminated entity reference"

Last edited:

nandifamily

Reaction score
Well, who set my account PHP version to PHPv1. I have now sent a PHP upgrade request to v2.

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
I still have ad-enhanced. I was wondering if the accounts were going to be all reset to ad-free.
All accounts with less than 500 Mb used were downgraded to Adfree. If you had over 500 Mb in your account, your account was left in Adenhanced.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.