• Total voters

Silmaril

Reaction score
Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Voted option 1 as I think that makes it more clear what the site is about and is the over all best design in my opinion.

The font used in the others are pretty hard to read and unless you use images, only fonts installed at the viewers computer will work correctly so fancy fonts are best used for such things where an image is suitable to use (logo, menu...), unless something has changed the lately.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
The fourth one is the best there.

But they all need a LOT of work. They lack overall design and have no real container to them, they just float around. The navigation should either be in a box by itself, or at least inside the content; not overflowing it.

But yes, v1 is good as well, but it needs a containing box.

Hope I helped. ;)

Last edited:

Silmaril

Reaction score
Keep the suggestions rolling...

I wont post replies anymore, ill just watch and see... i may post in a day or so once i have seen how it pans out, everyone that i have shown the ideas to so far have all chosen the same one as their favorite, its interesting that already we have a great difference of opinion...

Only thing i will say, is these are ideas knocked up in no time at all.... very early stages.

Again, Keep 'em coming :biggrin:

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Hard to choose between one and two. The first one gives a clear idea what it is for, but option 2 looks more appealing. I chose 2 in the end.

Last edited:

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
I would vote for #1, a few things you could improve:

- Try to keep them in "containers", if they float around you need a way to distinguish what is background and what is foreground. Remember people want to easily read the website... your designs are a bit hard to read because of color clashing.

- The text font, its bad, no way to say it nicer. Don't use that kind of font for links and things you'd like to stand out. Use a rounded or straight edge font such as arial or veranda if needed.

- Colors: You need to add in a bit more color than white, if most of the site is white your boxes, like for news and updates, needs to be a color that catches the users attention but also allows the user to read the content in the box.

- Play around with the header text a bit more, try making the second part smaller and move it around a bit. Might take you about 10 minutes to see something that looks really good but I can tell you could do better with the main text it just looks out of place atm.

Otherwise I like the overall layout. If you work on one of these for an hour, looking at the specifics we are pointing out I think the site will come out great :D

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Idea 1.

No comment.

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
1; the others all use a font I don't believe I have on my computer, which would result in them not displaying as intended on my system in particular (and quite likely there'll be other systems missing those as well).

Honestly though, 4's the best if you can get around using a 'squiggly' font; it doesn't look bad, but it could look better if there's a more professional font involved. For now, it's not my fav cause it won't display right if I were to actually have viewed it as a website, rather than an image :)