No Error logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

trentc

Reaction score
I see someone has posted a similar thread a few days ago, without response.

There are NO error logs showing up and I need to troubleshoot my PHP script to see what is going on.

trentc

Reaction score
bump

---------- Post added 12-17-2010 at 06:04 AM ---------- Previous post was 12-16-2010 at 10:35 PM ----------

bump

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Bumping your ticket isn't helping matters, but when a script normally errors, it saves them to error_log. It's entirely possible however that zen cart, the only script you have installed, is suppressing the errors itself.

If that's the case, then the errors won't even make it to error_log. What's giving you the impression that it's not actually working however?

trentc

Reaction score
Because I get a blank page when I try to access the admin section.

I manually installed and used the quick application installation tool available. Both have given same result.

Any error should appear in the httpd logs.

I should also mention even the access log is emtpy.

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
cPanel access and error logs do not function.

If there is a php error in the script, you will have a record of it in error_log in the directory where the script is located.

trentc

Reaction score
I am just not seeing it.

Only file in it is "enable_error_logging.php"

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, then the script does not report errors. Consult the maker of the script.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
This is related to the port 80 block, there's a workaround though. Or if you are able to find out what IP(s) it connects to we could look into adding an exception in the firewall for that IP.

Open the file public_html/[zencart_root]/zcadmin/includes/local/skip_version_check.ini
Set version_check=off (line 2)

trentc

Reaction score
This is related to the port 80 block, there's a workaround though. Or if you are able to find out what IP(s) it connects to we could look into adding an exception in the firewall for that IP.

Open the file public_html/[zencart_root]/zcadmin/includes/local/skip_version_check.ini
Set version_check=off (line 2)

That fixed the issue Anna. I will get back to you with an IP address as soon I can get one.

Thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.