Obama is president!!!

rmaslic

Reaction score
Barack Obama became today the first African-American president ever. All who support Obama say YAY! all who don't say NAY!

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Moved to offtopic.

Yay. I voted for him.

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I know :). I didn't get to see the entire inauguration since I wasn't home, however I did get to watch the inauguration speech online thanks to YouTubers which was a pretty good speech. Let's see what Obama has in store for the country.

Wizet

Reaction score
I don't like the supreme justice. He made Obama mess up on the oath part. Not that I don't like him but I just don't like that part in particular.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It wasn't even a big deal but the media jumped all over it. Especially CNN.

Last edited:

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
lol i know.. they are like...

HE MESSED UP MAN...
WTF I THOUGHT HE WASNT HUMAN!!

sorry... exaggeration

Wizet

Reaction score
But then again thats human. Stage fright or being nervous. I mean doing that is a great honor and you have lots a respect doing that.

TPI007

Reaction score
Obama is President...

... and Hillary is Secretary...

hillaryinvietnamtz2.jpg

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hillery secretary...I didn't know that.
Yay to OBAMA!

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Well hey, even though he may have messed up on the oath, we're all human and we're bound to forget even important things like that.

TPI007

Reaction score
To think this issue would have been address to the president previous to the oath. WHat I mean to say is... shouldn't they already tell him what he's suppose to say in advance? shouldn't it be already rehursed?

Last edited:

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
rehersed....nope...the only time a person is allowed to say it, is the guy that tells the president to say it...and the president saying when he becomes pres....it's not supposed to be rehursed or anything like that...

the guy in front of Obama said it wrong...something meaning "I swear to execute the congress" instead of, "I swear to execute something by congress"...obamas falt with this?NOPE it was the guy's falt who is supposed to tell him how to say it falt.

dquigley

Reaction score
Obama is President...

... and Hillary is Secretary...

hillaryinvietnamtz2.jpg

The woman on the right of this picture is a bit cute! Also YAY for obama, why? First black pres, Young, and if he gives me enough of his "change" I can go to the arcade and play ddr.

:lol:

woiwky

Reaction score
Well, I don't take much interest in politics anymore since I think this country's government is completely FUBAR'd, save a miracle. I don't even bother voting at this point. Although I was in favor of McCain(but I knew he lost when he selected Palin).

Regardless, I am at least glad that the (apparent) majority of this country is willing to accept an ethnic president now. However, I feel Obama is too young and inexperienced to do a good job. Which means it could be a long time before we see another non-white president. I think the best we can hope for out of him is a mediocre job so at least he doesn't do any damage.

So not YAY, not NAY, more of an eh.

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
Thats the problem with everyone, you all see it as a black and white issue. It's not, It was turned into one, but deep down, it don't matter if the guy is purple. He may do some good, but I believe he'll do more harm, and in 4 years, we'll have a republican back in office. I do honestly like some of Obama's ideas, but I felt more comfortable with McCain.. Although honestly, the idea of voting Ralph Nader sounded good this year, too. ;-)

woiwky

Reaction score
Thats the problem with everyone, you all see it as a black and white issue. It's not, It was turned into one

I have to disagree with that. It was an issue from the start. It's been an issue since long before the 2008 elections. But it was a separate issue. It wasn't about Obama's policies, or how well he would do in office, or anything like that. And I don't think anyone -- except for maybe some Jerry Falwell-type people -- saw it like that. Of course his color has nothing to do with those things.

The matter wasn't *really* about Obama in particular, I believe his candidacy just epitomized it. Similar to how Reagan's "Tear down this wall" speech or the Our World broadcast represented the thoughts and arguments of society in the past. Things like this are most certainly important, as they not only effect our relations with other countries but our posterity as well.

KyleG

Reaction score
NAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I Liked McCain better

dquigley

Reaction score
Mc Cain didn't have a warm old man look to him, he looked more like the grandpa that beat you when your parents were gone, so I found it hard to like him :p

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Thats the problem with everyone, you all see it as a black and white issue. It's not, It was turned into one, but deep down, it don't matter if the guy is purple. He may do some good, but I believe he'll do more harm, and in 4 years, we'll have a republican back in office. I do honestly like some of Obama's ideas, but I felt more comfortable with McCain.. Although honestly, the idea of voting Ralph Nader sounded good this year, too. ;-)

We've already had the last eight years of a Republican president and look what that did for us.