Outgoing E-mail not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjvolcom

Reaction score
Using any of the 3 available web-mail clients incoming mail works perfectly, however after sending numerous test messages to myself over there course of the last few days these messages appear to be sent successfully and no error message is given, but the messages never arrive at the destination emails (not even in the "spam" or "junk" folders). So it would appear my outgoing mail is not functioning.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
We filter all outgoing mail for spam, so it is likely that it is being caught up in that. I can check this, but you do not have your hosting account linked with this forum account. To link accounts, log into the account portal, click on the "Get Support" link on top, click "Visit Forums" next to the Free Community Support, and then click "Link your existing community forums account"

Once you do this I will be able to check on what happened to your outgoing emails. If for some reason you are experiencing issues linking the accounts, please let us know so we can see if they need any fixes from our side of things.

cjvolcom

Reaction score
I am still experiencing this issue, only 1 of about 12 emails was successfully delivered. I understand that some of my first emails may have been flagged as spam because they where obvious test emails, but several legitimate emails have not gone through since then. I need to be sure emails I send to my visitors/customers are being sent. I don't even get a message back telling me that my email was flagged as spam (if that is in fact whats happening.), I would have thought at the very least this would be the case.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
That's almost never the case anywhere (outbound or inbound); spam (and other prohibited mail) is almost always silently discarded, which makes the system a lot harder to game.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
As I described to Anna in this thread: https://community.x10hosting.com/threads/split-from-another-godaddy-x10hosting-issue.193286/
Forum account linking via the cp doesn't appear to be working. If you are able to some how link the account for me so I don't have this issue every time I request support that would be very helpful, I had assumed Anna had done so but I guess that was not the case.
I have no means to sort linking as I don't have backend access to that system, however as far as I been told that part should be sorted now, so you should be able to do it yourself.

cjvolcom

Reaction score
Just tried linking the forum account again, as before appears successful during the setup process, but after words nothing seems to have changed, no account forum appears to be linked.

Status
Not open for further replies.