PHP Form for Clan

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hey, i am currently in the process of updating my clan site with a few nice scripts and applications. I will start off by listing a few details about my site and the url.

I am the Founder, in conjunction with my girlfriend and another mate, of a Call of Duty 4 Clan, we are called Soul Crushers, we are a social based clan that have just started actively recruiting.

Our website url is: http://soulcrushers.x10hosting.com

As you can see, we are not a very custom design with our website, i have just installed php-nuke to get things running, personally i don't like the PHPBB forums or the php-nuke design really.

I am looking at creating a very custom and fully coded HTML/PHP/CSS Website with a little bit of Flash and Javascript if i need it.

I am quite new with all the details on that stuff, and i am not very knowledgeable when it comes to all of those scripting languages.

Where i want to start is this:

In the PHPbb forums, we have a section where new users can request to join our clan, they post a thread in the "Recruitment" forum and list some key details.

I don't like this method, it feels really messy and even looks like it also. So i am looking into other methods of doing this.

The first thing that comes to mind with me is a custom php page that uses the standard website theme, and uses the include() function to include any important data from php-nuke onto this custom page, like the navigation and the blocks and everything.

What i need help with is creating the page, i am not very great with PHP, i only know basics and i am following the W3Schools Tutorials, but i cannot understand where to start a script like what i have planned.

As i said, on the page i would like to include all the blocks and banner and theme that are on the index page, so it blends in with the site, also i would like a php form that allows users to Submit a application to join the clan, it would need multiple fields such as: Name, In-Game Nickname, Age, Email Address, Country, Xfire and Why you want to join us.

The page should also have a title, Something like "Soul Crushers Recruitment Form".

It should contain also some useful text at the top of the form that states what the form is, and some small details that may need to know before signing up.

Also, once the user fills in the fields correctly (It would need to check that the fields are filled in correct), the user would press a submit application button, which would then write the data to a database or something i presume, then from there, there would be an admin area for the custom page, in which admins can view the applications, so when they have the admin section on the page, it loads the new applications from the database and shows the admin them, from there, their applications can then be approved or declined, either way, it sends the user an email saying a message stating they are either approved or declined.

I know this is sounding stupid probably, but i would just be looking for the basics for now, just some help coding it, and then when it comes to the point to adding all the harder stuff, we can deal with it as it comes.

If anyone is willing to help me code this sort of form, can they please let me know, either here...or private message, from there we will get into other means of contact, such as msn or private email.

Kind Regards, HeLLshEEp.

woiwky

Reaction score
Well, after looking at the php nuke source code for a bit, I wrote out a nice detailed explanation here about how to go about doing that. It took a while, but I prefer to post answers here than to discuss it privately so that other people with the same problem can find an answer. But then, completely out of the blue, my power went out for a second. There's no storm or anything here that would cause that. So, I PMed you with my msn :p

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, once i figure out how to do it, i will probably release the code for it.

Therefore people can use it for themselves.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
ill be happy to work with you on this. i am workin on my PHP too. also my friend is making a site for a CoD4 clan. its loserboys.co.cc

maybe they can ally with you,

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Sure, i will post updates on how it's going here.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
well. screw that idea about affiliation. their leader just got lvl 55 tenth prestige..and quit CoD4. lol

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Lol, oh well... it happens.

clyde4210

Reaction score
well first off php-nuke isn't very safe. i would use nuke-evolution which is the best/most secured nuke cms around. secondly visit evo themes and last but not least visit evo-hacks for hundreds of mods, yes even a clan mod which has users apply for clan membership.

they can apply by clicking a link in a box on home page or just a text link which makes them fill out an application you set up, asking what you want and how it should all look. even has email preferences, such as notify you if you wish when someone has applied..

all the set up is done in admin area which makes it pretty simple most cms users.

Last edited:

andy_phillips

Reaction score
Hello i speciallize in PHP products like Nuke, Nuke Platinum and Evo and Raven so i could help visit my site www.thecman.0lx.net and tell me what you think and ill help

Last edited: