phpMyAdmin cannot download database backups

Status
Not open for further replies.

stgeorge

Reaction score
I cannot believe this is still an issue after 5 months.
Is anyone actually going to sort this problem out?

No additional content or upgrades have been implemented to the site here as there is no way to reliably get database backups.

I just downloaded a 29mb+ archive from file manager in 5 seconds.
To download a 1.2mb database backup from phpMyAdmin 20 minutes.
I realize that phpMyAdmin is the Dog of database management, but on other hosts at least I can download databases in a normal time frame.

What is the problem?

stgeorge

Reaction score
caftpx10
Yes I have PMed.
They have been aware of this issue for months.
It is now six months that this has been an issue with no resolution.
Today I have attempted to download again.
The download speed is running at 0.1kbs
It will take hours to get the download of a 2.1mb database at this rate.
I simply cannot understand why they will not fix this.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

To my knowledge, this issue was resolved, and I'm very sorry to hear that you're still having issues with this. We were aware of this issue a few months ago, as you mentioned, and we implemented various fixes to our MySQL server, to the point where we completely replaced our MySQL server with a more optimized version to help the situation. These fixes did make a massive impact on phpMyAdmin and the MySQL server, and I had counted this issue as being resolved.

Are you having the speed issues when navigating phpMyAdmin also, or are these issues only arising when you are exporting your database? Right now, I'm not seeing any speed issues on xo1's phpMyAdmin, and my (though small) MySQL database appears to be exporting fine.

Thank you,

stgeorge

Reaction score
The download I just attempted started of hanging at 0.1 kbs however after around 20 minutes it finally rose to 5.7kbs.
This is exeptionally slow however it did complete.
I am not having a problem accessing phpMyAdmin, although the databases take an age to load, then export tab takes a while to load also.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
To my knowledge, this issue was resolved...
about the same for me now as when I made - this post - in this thread - near the end of May --> [ http://community.x10hosting.com/thr...download-database-backups.193166/#post-928121 ]

after a long delay for phpMyAdmin to load...
The yellow bar with "Loading..." in phpMyAdmin - is still a show stopper for me
it takes too much time to do anything now - before on the 'old' free-hosting server [ Level ] - to see that 'bar' was rare
free-hosting server is now [ xo3 ]

Last edited:

fullmin76

Reaction score
This needs to be fixed. I'm on the xo3 server and I cannot even download the full mysql backup. It ends up downloading a partion of it or a corrupt version of it. It downloads at 0.1kb/s, and I don't have all day to wait for a small file to download.

frogamus

Reaction score
I am on xo1 and have had the same problem exporting my databases for months also. Database access is a lot better than it was but is still a little slow. Exporting is still as slow as it has been for a long time.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Now when I try to use [ phpMyAdmin ] from cPanel X3 - I receive this at [ Resource Usage Overview ] ...
Resource Usage Overview
Your site has been limited within the past 24 hours

CPU resources were limited for your site
database size is 2.1 KiB

stgeorge

Reaction score
Whilst I see that others have posted in other threads, it is good to see at last others joining in this thread as it has been an issue for some time and I keep having to bump it.
If others have posted previously on this subject then perhaps they should include their links in this thread also.
As said over six months with no resolution.
I was at one point thinking it was only me.

Incidentally to re-state my server is xo1

@ leafypiggy
re your post in this locked thread:
http://community.x10hosting.com/threads/phpmy-admin-is-super-slow.195148/#post-935933
No it has not been resolved three months ago.
It has never been resolved.
I have updated this thread on at least a monthly basis, more like fortnightly so it should have been obvious that this has not been resolved.

Last edited:

stgeorge

Reaction score
8 months and still an issue.
Will this problem ever be solved?
Downloaded a tar.gz backup from file manager at 1200.00 kB/s
The database download speed averaged 0.8 kB/s
So what is the problem?

Patrick.B

Reaction score
Hi stgeorge,

The phpMyAdmin is a third-party to the MySQL services, So, If you have a minimum skill in php and php command, you can code a light script will output youre database and archived in folder you want, on the same way of phpMyAdmin.

The database download speed averaged 0.8 kB/s
You are probably trying to output backup from phpMyAdmin and download directly, I think.
Try to, output the backfile file in a /public_html/*FOLDER* and then, open youre favorite FTP client and try to download by FTP.

Let me know if is it better on this way.

* You have to know, this is the free user forum, and official staff don't have SLA to repect for free standard user. If you want more quickly answer, more ressources, more speed, more all, you can upgrade to a prime account, or better than better, open an X10Premium account. For a personnal experience, X10premium is seriously the best I ever seen, answer from staff super fast and 99.9% uptime garanteed SLA.

Hope I help you.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
PHPMyAdmin does a very weird thing when it exports databases. We've tried tuning it on our free setup, however due to the sheer amount of databases on each server, it is still slow :(

I'm going to look into this a bit more now and see if there's anything else we can do.

Ohso

Prime Account
Reaction score
The strange part is, if your using a software that makes its own database structure backups, like a forum software, the download is regular as in super fast compared to phpMyAdmin.

Have any of you tried alternative way to backup database like Adminer? give it a shot

Status
Not open for further replies.