Please Increase Disk Space

femix10h

Reaction score
Hi, could you please increase my disk space? I'm at 97% of my 512mb risk space. Thank you.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Denied. More then half your current usage comes from stored backups.

You have a wordpress plugin that backups your site from the looks, there are currently a bit over 200mb used by the plugin for backups. The most recent being from may of this year, the oldest from december 2020.

Backups are of little use stored on the account, in the event of a problem with the account and site you would not be able to access backups, having one recent one present for easy restore may be good, but in reality you should always download and store backups locally on your computer or at a third party service such as perhaps dropbox to ensure you have access when needed.

That being said, I saw you had a couple duplicated files that was a remnant from the issues we had with data going corrupt about a year ago, cleared of those files for you, so you now have some room. You would still need to download the backups you need to retain and remove them from the server though, as with those taken of the usage you fall under the requirement for upgrade.

FabiBerttran

Reaction score
Hello how are you? I need more space on my account (502.5 MB/512 MB) because I need to update wordpress and it's giving me an error due to lack of space. Thanks.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
you need to be using at least 75% if your allowed disk space.
website must be at least 7 days old and follow the terms of service.
all files must be in use by your website, no archived or file backups can be stored,
staff will also need to review your account.

FabiBerttran

Reaction score
My site is yes meeting all the requirements listed. I'm waiting for the review. Thanks.