Please review this Site before I place a Domain Name.

cyborgx2

Reaction score
Hi folks I'm Mike B and would like a little feedback on this computer site I'm ready to place a Domain Name to, if there is something that is missing or a service that should be available, please let me know what you think and what needs to change or be added/deleted. Thanks for the time and effort. http://cyborg.x10.mx

mattstut

Reaction score
looks nice, you could slow down the image slides a bit on the home page , was trying to read the descriptions and it went off a bit to fast

wodongax

Reaction score
Logo and phone number could be a bit bigger but don't overpower the site with it.
I don't think you need "Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License." in the footer.

It looks good, and also functional. Good job :)

intlx10m

Reaction score
If i ain't mistaken this is a template from Yoothemes i.e, Revista. I guess i previously had a look on it earlier. So, there's no point in in discussing the site layout as these things come out tested from author as well as the company which buys this template. I guess what you should now look for is web traffic. As your website is a commercial one i guess you must go out with advertising. And most of all i say you must have a strong social web presence. A part from that everything looks just perfect!... Good luck & thanks for sharin you work here!

xweb3x10

Reaction score
I noticed that these images are difficult to read and are very pixelated.
thumb_standard_hosting.gif
thumb_enterprise_hosting.gif
thumb_premium_hosting.gif

And the word "cheap" can have a negative connotation. How about something more positive.. like "value"?
Start with a good image for the full size and then the smaller one will also be better. Something like this:

upload_2013-12-23_9-34-55.png upload_2013-12-23_9-36-32.png

anamik.maju44

Reaction score
Amazing website!
Navigation bar of your site looks great and it is well-designed. Good work, and keep it up!

cyborgx2

Reaction score
I noticed that these images are difficult to read and are very pixelated.
thumb_standard_hosting.gif
thumb_enterprise_hosting.gif
thumb_premium_hosting.gif

And the word "cheap" can have a negative connotation. How about something more positive.. like "value"?
Start with a good image for the full size and then the smaller one will also be better. Something like this:

View attachment 8273 View attachment 8274
Appreciate the input, I changed those images and created some new ones.

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It looks good. Now you just need a way to get traffic to it and capture clients so you'll be on your way to earning some dough.

Keep up the good work bud.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm gonna be honest, but only because I care:

This wouldn't attract me as a client.

It's very busy, and looks... old. It looks like (oh god I can't believe I'm old enough to say this) something I would've designed ten years ago. And that's not necessarily a bad thing, since we all get better... but it doesn't really attract customers.

Cons:
  • Navigation is too busy. I can't tell what I'm doing. It also doesn't look like it fits correctly.. it looks like it's just floating there
  • Text is ridiculously hard to read. It hurts my eyes to try and read the black on grey or white on silver/black on silver/blue/etc.
  • Everything is flat. The greyscale with black and blue just makes all the elements look flat and boring. Not that they need to look "3D" by any means.. but the forcefulness of the bevel/gradient trying to make it not flat has the inverse effect.
  • A lot of images are pixelated and badly anti-aliased.
  • I don't understand what your website is for when I first look at it. I see "cyborg computer services" (though the logo is a bit hard to decipher) And then I see a bunch of random--excuse the technical term--crap that confuses the hell out of me. If I don't know what you provide immediately, I won't stay and look around.
  • You provide too many services, at least.. in the order they're organized now. Again, I just don't know what you do. Do you build computers? Do you design websites? Do you do virii removal? I just don't know.
Pros:
  • Solid idea. I like the "Cyborg" theme. Maybe it reminds me of Skynet.. who knows. But I do like the theme... and it can go places.. but it needs to be rebranded. The logo is hard to understand, and the rest of your site doesn't remind me anything of cyborgs except for that there's gunmetal.. metal... more metal.. silver.. and some blue. You know?
  • LOTS OF GREAT CONTENT. Seriously--you have a ton of great content on the website.. but it's all over the place. You have tutorials in with designs, and guides in with the shopping cart (an exageration, yes). If you move all this information and organize it and figure out what you really want, it'll be great! Have a blog, etc.
Suggestions:

Pick something your website/company does, and do it. You're offering to do a lot of things, and honestly companies/people who offer to do everything are the ones that suck at it all. It's like a genius at the genius bar at an Apple store. They know a tiny, miniscule amount of stuff, about a ton of products. What do you know best? Stick with that. Personally, I *can* do design, and I will... but my focus is front/back end development. and that's what I market myself as. I do have clients that ask me to do designs, and I do, because I can. But I don't advertise for it, because it's not something I'm a professional at. I offer hosting to my clients because I'm confident in my abilities to host and maintain servers, but I don't offer hosting on my website. It's part of the package.

Sorry if I seem really harsh. I'm trying to help.

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

I agree with 100% of the points he addressed, he seems to care more than I do and as such is much more helpful than I am.

Listen to leafypiggy.

interne3

Reaction score
@cyborgx2 Your site is violating ToS as I am aware of. Strictly in the ToS, it clearly states: "Personal account holders are not permitted to resell, store or give away web-hosting services of their website to other parties." | If there is any other situation going on, please explain to me, but as far as I can see on your website, you are giving away web hosting to other parties.

cyborgx2

Reaction score

Thank You so much for a true critique of the website; this is really what I needed in order to go forth. To answer a few points: It's not only me involved in the venture I want to go forth with, it incorporates a few individuals, no man can do all things; but together we can do it well enough. Certain items are only examples and the store itself is in catalog mode. Hosting services would be provided (on a reseller plan) once I purchase a plan preferably from this very webhost, so as I stated I really needed a constructive criticism of the website before I throw money at it in marketing and trying to drive traffic. I needed people to see it first, then give me, as you have done a better solution and I thank you for your time and effort.

cyborgx2

Reaction score
@cyborgx2 Your site is violating ToS as I am aware of. Strictly in the ToS, it clearly states:

Excuse me Interne3, I really appreciate your trying to help; but there is nothing being sold here and this will not be the permanent domain of Cyborg Computer Services; This is only a Test! I cannot resell services that I do not have the setup or permission to resell on a free hosting service, this will be done when the site is given it's own domain and traffic driven to that particular dotcom. The only images (hosting services) that actually have a price tag, lead you nowhere, because there is no intention of selling anything at this particular time. Still, thank you for the time and input every little thing helps.