Premium Service Question (If you're not going to help don't bother commenting).

Status
Not open for further replies.

talklyx1

Reaction score
I must be using quite a bit of memory because my site refuses to load and is just a white screen with one of these messages each time:

Fatal error
: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in /home/talklyx1/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.phpon line 1565

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 64 bytes) in /home/talklyx1/public_html/wp-includes/meta.phpon line 578

If I update to premium hosting will this problem be resolved? Also, if I update to premium hosting will you guys actually help me as opposed to just giving me the run around? Haha

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello @talklyx1

This is likely being caused by a WordPress plugin, as there are many badly-written WordPress plugins out there that can cause an excessive amount of RAM to be used. You may want to try disabling your WordPress plugins for now and see if that fixes anything. :)

I would also like to clarify that by "memory" the error message is referring to RAM, not hard disk memory. ;)

Thank you

talklyx1

Reaction score
I had like 1,000 members [real] and I tried out a plugin to upload like 1,000 more fake test users for testing purposes... I deleted the plugin via FTP but I guess there's just too many members or soemthing?

talklyx1

Reaction score
It has to be member related... I was fine before I added those fake accounts. What do I do?

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
They might have to be removed... I might be able to remove them via mysql if you tell me when they were added.. but this might delete some of the legitimate records. I'd remove the records from a certain date/time forward.

And, to answer your question in the original post, I'd honestly recommend upgrading to Paid hosting, especially with the amount of users you have. There is absolutely zero uptime guarantee for free hosting. Illuminated and Paid hosting both have uptime guarantees. Your account is most likely hitting a memory limit because of the amount of mysql records you're trying to grab when your website loads.

What plugin did you use? It looks like the data is in the usermeta table...

talklyx1

Reaction score
I've put a lot of time and money into this project in custom themes and logos and blah blah... Anyhow I was adding the fake accounts because I'm making a plugin that would make tons of different users follow one specific user and wanted to see if it worked. I'd be willing to upgrade to premium id just really like my website back online.

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
What do you mean by "unlimited accounts"

It's not really the amount of accounts you have in your database/site.. but rather the massive amount of them is taking up too much memory, and the scirpt doesn't finish executing before it's done getting records from the database.

talklyx1

Reaction score
By unlimited accounts i just mean not having to worry about this happening again in the future

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, premium's memory limit is much higher and you would most likely not run into this on there.

talklyx1

Reaction score
In the event that I wanted to switch over to godaddy would I have to start from scratch?

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
You'd be able to migrate your account over. I don't have too much experience with godaddy, but I don't believe they allow cpanel move's (built in functionality to transfer from one server to another).. so you'd have to take a full backup and restore everything manually (home directory, mysql, mail, etc). I've done it once for a client of my own.

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
A full backup is your entire home directory, mysql databases, and email accounts.

talklyx1

Reaction score
Okay can we delete some of my fake demo accounts so talkly goes back online? Its kinda important

talklyx1

Reaction score
Okay thanks so much for not helping me I'm officially done with x10hosting... Why would I want to upgrade to premium when everybody is all condescending and doesn't even help you with anything.. Ever. I'm moving onto a more stable provider that actually believes in good customer service. When you get done reading this I'd appreciate it if you could spare me the trouble and delete my x10 account for me (I really hope that's not too hard for you to do).

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
I apologize that you feel this way. You could, however, try understanding that this is a free service and we don't actually officially provide support for things that you did to break your account.

We will not be deleting your account for you. It will be suspended eventually for inactivity, and then deleted 21 days after it has not been unsuspended. You can request deletion from the account panel.

We provide excellent customer service to our paid clients. We provide the best customer service that we can for our free clients. Honestly, you're being a bit childish by demanding that we fix issues for you that you caused in the first place. There is no guarantee of support for free hosting. Please see the "support" section at https://x10hosting.com/wiki/Plan_comparison

The community support team is made up mostly of volunteers, who do not get paid to provide support, and do it out of the goodness of their hearts, and because they like to help people.

Status
Not open for further replies.