Pro-Choice or Pro-Life

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The point I'm trying to make is that it is alive. You don't believe that life should be valued as a human being, I do!

It's living cells but it's still far from being a human. You obviously have a difference in opinion on the idea of what constitutes a human so I'm asking you politely to stop with the trolling. This thread isn't about questioning me on my value of life.

Before birth an embryo acts like a parasite on the mother. Considering it a parasite would certainly give reason to remove it.

How is this even relevant? It's not a parasite nor does it have the traits of a parasite.

Yes! I use exclamation points! It keeps me from SCREAMING. :)

lol. I guess it's better than USING ALL CAPS. :D

Do you agree with late term, partial birth abortion where a viable child is killed?

I think late term abortion should only occur when a woman has serious health effects which are caused by the pregnancy. That's why it should be the woman's choice.

Modern medicine can save very premature babies. Shouldn't they be given a chance?

Sure, if the baby's born premature and has a chance then absolutely. Post natal abortion is murder in my book.

OK, we've argued the issue. What are your thoughts? You've given us 2 sentences, and one of them simply reminded that one sentence is not enough.

We're probably doing his homework for him.

Last edited:

BentFX

Reaction score
...asking you politely to stop with the trolling.
We can agree to disagree if you like. I've got very strong feelings on the issue, yet I certainly don't think I'm trolling.
Edit:
Why is this thread tagged "gay life choice"
It's listed below the last post. :dunno:
Edit:
I added my tag. I don't know what that's worth :)

Last edited:

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
We can agree to disagree if you like. I've got very strong feelings on the issue, yet I certainly don't think I'm trolling.
Edit:
Why is this thread tagged "gay life choice"
It's listed below the last post. :dunno:
Edit:
I added my tag. I don't know what that's worth :)
I removed the tags. Let's get the thread back on topic now.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Where did I say life has no value?

What you said implies that you do not believe life has value. Every sentence can have two meanings. It can mean what the words litterally mean in the dictionary, but it can also imply certain things too. Your sentence implied that BentFX does but you don't. That's all. :facesjump:

BentFX

Reaction score
It is widely believed that abortion should be an option when the health of the mother is at risk, yet there are no medical guidelines. I believe that the vast majority of abortions don't involve health concerns.

Wikipedia says...
Roe v. Wade centrally held that a mother may abort her pregnancy for any reason, up until the "point at which the fetus becomes ‘viable.’" The Court defined viable as being "potentially able to live outside the mother's womb, albeit with artificial aid. Viability is usually placed at about seven months (28 weeks) but may occur earlier, even at 24 weeks." The Court also held that abortion after viability must be available when needed to protect a woman's health, which the Court defined broadly in the companion case of Doe v. Bolton. These rulings affected laws in 46 states.

It appears the court held that that it is a human being at 24 to 28 weeks. Yet late term abortions are regularly performed. The mother just needs the consent of an abortionist (doctor). Why are these late term procedures not regulated in some way. The court was clear in its thinking, yet the floodgates have been opened. The only regulation is placed by individuals who make their living providing abortions, which is if fact no regulation at all.

In fact it appears that the courts decision sets any true regulation as a violation of privacy. How can the court set a standard of viability, without any oversight.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
What you said implies that you do not believe life has value. Every sentence can have two meanings. It can mean what the words litterally mean in the dictionary, but it can also imply certain things too. Your sentence implied that BentFX does but you don't. That's all. :facesjump:

I never once implied or other wise stated life has no value. I said my definition on when life starts is different from his. There is no double meaning.

Now that's cleared up can we get back to the topic.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I never once implied or other wise stated life has no value. I said my definition on when life starts is different from his. There is no double meaning.

Now that's cleared up can we get back to the topic.

First, I'm curious, when do you believe that life starts? At death? lol

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
First, I'm curious, when do you believe that life starts? At death? lol

I've already stated my views in this thread.

Anyway I can't take your arguments serious any longer if you're going to make jokes.

Last edited:

BentFX

Reaction score
Does life begin at viability. Because viability is nebulous I believe that a value of life goes to any embryo which could be brought to viability without endangering the health of the mother. On the cellular level that embryo is a unique individual at conception. If the health of the mother is not at risk, we should protect the health of the live embryo.

Mom had a free choice when she chose to engage in sex. I will again state that selfishness and disregard for human life(it is alive) are core in the decision making process. There are certainly a number of choices that could be made to protect against pregnancy. Moms got lots of choices. I don't believe that abortion should be one of them. It is a selfish disregard for the unique individual she created. If she's worried about a violation of her privacy, she shouldn't be so quick to lift her dress.

Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I've already stated my views in this thread.

Anyway I can't take your arguments serious any longer if you're going to make jokes.

C'mon, what's wrong with a joke? I'm simply asking you to restate your views of when life begins. What's wrong with that?

Criptex

Reaction score
well... I'm a christian... not a religious person, instead i'm a son of God based in my faith for him... and I'm totally pro life, BUT, you know what, I'm also pro choice, and here's why... We are NO ONE to contradict the free will that God left to us to decide what to do with our lives, and even tough I think is cruel to kill a innocent creature, I think If you make a law to make it illegal, people will do it anyways, the only difference is that it would be illegal, so in resume, I think a person have the right to live, in my country of origen, Guatemala, that is written in the constitution as the first law... the right to live. but... we are not in the shoes of those abused women either... so I think everybody is responsible for their acts, and if it is wrong or right, one day we all are going to give explanations about what we did here on earth.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
well... I'm a christian... not a religious person, instead i'm a son of God based in my faith for him... and I'm totally pro life, BUT, you know what, I'm also pro choice, and here's why... We are NO ONE to contradict the free will that God left to us to decide what to do with our lives, and even tough I think is cruel to kill a innocent creature, I think If you make a law to make it illegal, people will do it anyways, the only difference is that it would be illegal, so in resume, I think a person have the right to live, in my country of origen, Guatemala, that is written in the constitution as the first law... the right to live. but... we are not in the shoes of those abused women either... so I think everybody is responsible for their acts, and if it is wrong or right, one day we all are going to give explanations about what we did here on earth.

But God said: "Thou shalt not murder." If life begins at conception, then abortion is murder.

Criptex

Reaction score
But God said: "Thou shalt not murder." If life begins at conception, then abortion is murder.

It's true, I completely agree with that... but God also give us free will, so I think... everyone will have to give explanations of their actions one day, and of course maybe a law making abortion illegal would help, but my point is that is impossible to eradicate abortion with just a law.

gali98

Reaction score
First let me say that I don't even agree with the arguement. Pro-choice? How is giving someone else the decision as to whether you live or not pro-choice?
I understand the reasons behind the arguement, but it's not a choice - it's a life. The baby could be the next Ghandi, or the next Hitler. It does not matter. Calling it a fetus and saying that it has no feeling doesn't take away the fact that life was created when the first cell was formed. To take away that person's chance at life, at freedom, at making a chance on their own is a sin worse than murdering someone born.
Kory

WyrGecko

Reaction score
Neither. I'm all for the stop butting into people's lives, but there are more issues than that. I pretty obviously lean towards Pro-Choice, though.

Until everyone has adequate healthcare, screening, and education, there is no good choice.

I'm going to go off of the extremes on both sides, as it'll be way too hard to also hit all the conditional issues. Also, I'm not saying that either side completely believes what gets listed, just what it is when taken to the extreme.

People who are Pro-Life need to think about the mother's situation and about the child. One of the most obvious are in cases of rape, which is a hard issue. Anyone who thinks that the mother should be forced to keep the child needs to take a good look at psychological issues and consider if it were closer to home. Sure, the kid can be put up for adoption, but there are an absurd amount of issues there, among which is what happens if the kid is never adopted.

The main things that I can think of for Pro-Choice is that wild, rampant, unprotected sex isn't a good idea, which I think is probably the most common thing tossed at it by Pro-Life XD. There's also the general "it's wrong." There is a certain point at which I think that it's too late, but that's really too hard to determine/impose on everyone due to a group's opinion.

Isn't it wrong the boss around people you don't know/impose your religion/beliefs on them? If people are set on getting an abortion, the rich will get them. The poor get screwed, as usual.

Either way, one side or the other will probably get embedded into society eventually.

Last edited:

veightar

Reaction score
Abortion is cold blooded murder. I don't see how anyone can view it as anything else. It's killing a totally defenseless child. Is that not cold blooded murder?

I'm totally in agreement with you pal. It just hurt when I hear people taking a liking in abortion. How could you just kill an unborn baby before it even gets to know how the world is. For those who thinks that baby is nothing, well it's something. In my own opinion, I think its just as important as you. We all went through similar stage before becoming what we are today. Since its just a temporal transitional state, I don't see any much different between an unborn baby and a baby. Just that an unborn baby needs the mother's womb for a temporal protection doesn't makes it a garbage.
It's really bad and a serious murder which shouldn't be legalized

For those Christian out here too, The same bible tells us, God's property or reward for human is an unborn child, and having a free will doesn't mean you do whatever you like and go scot free. ( Ecc 11:9)

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, before I state my right-winged, christian, conservative view on the matter...

Its not pro-life and pro-choice. Its Pro-Life, and Pro-Death.

As many others have stated, it is murder for a child to be "aborted". Whether or not you think that life begins at conception or not, it is a living thing, as all things with cells are. Anything that can perform the basic functions of life, is in and of itself; alive.

I am Pro-Life. Not only because my religion supports this, but also because of my morals and understanding of the matter. I understand that abortion is the killing of an innocent child, and I know that it is wrong to murder; as the Ten Commandments say.

I'd just like to finish up by restating that it isn't pro life or pro choice. Its either you let the child live, or kill it. Simple as that.

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
Personally I'm Pro-choice. People are supposed to have FREEDOM OF CHOICE. And that includes having an abortion or not.
On the ethical point of view, I'd have to say:
1. Embryo's can't think nor suffer (now you can slap me, but, even if they do.. who cares? :S )
2. any other reason? ¬.¬

Freedom!!

Someone should have aborted you.

I am of course, pro life. If people make the mistake of having a child, they should live with it. They shouldn't have the option of aborting it. And, second, most abortions are done after the child is well into development, most laws state that as long as the head isn't born, its not alive, and thus they will use a pick to kill the child before it's born.

That is wrong. Honestly, if they decide to abort, the clinic should abort the parents.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Someone should have aborted you.

I am of course, pro life. If people make the mistake of having a child, they should live with it. They shouldn't have the option of aborting it. And, second, most abortions are done after the child is well into development, most laws state that as long as the head isn't born, its not alive, and thus they will use a pick to kill the child before it's born.

That is wrong. Honestly, if they decide to abort, the clinic should abort the parents.

What if the woman was raped? Should she need to have the baby? Then she would be reminded about the rape every day