Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

nworks

Reaction score
Hi there,
I'm creating a software (written in PHP) to allow anyone to create their own site. I need a VPS (your plan VPS X3) to host the files, the SVN server, the bug tracking and also the website.
But I think in a sponsorship, I can put in the website something like Brought by X10, or some of your banners.
I attach more information. What do you think?
Thanks.

Mr. DOS

Reaction score
If the code will be open source, you might want to investigate the services of SourceForge.net and BerliOS. They both provide Subversion and some form of bug tracking as well as hosting.

--- Mr. DOS

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I have seen Google Code provide SVN services as well besides SourceForge. Though I'm wondering, how come this cannot be done with a VPS?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I think what vigge_sWe is actually saying no to is sponsoring the user with a VPS, and not saying it can't be done on a VPS.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I think what vigge_sWe is actually saying no to is sponsoring the user with a VPS, and not saying it can't be done on a VPS.

I'm agreeing; the VPS itself would do the job quite well, but I've never seen x10 do sponsorships for paid hosting or paid VPS before, so I kinda doubt they'll start now.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I use Xp-Dev for my SVN host and they have bug tracking as well. The service is free and very very good, in my opinion. You also do not have to be open source to use it.

http://xp-dev.com

Additionally to what has been said, a VPS is much harder to set up and run on a daily basis, it may be more trouble than it is worth for you :)

dito7967

Reaction score
I have to agree with garrettroyce, VPSs are very hard to run on a daily basis.
Not only do you have to worry about downtimes, but you have to worry about resource overuse and DDoS attacks. It can be more trouble then its worth. The advantages can in some cases weigh out the dis advantages. Its like your own dedicated server :)

Status
Not open for further replies.