Ps3 v.s. Xbox360

ps3 or Xbox360

• Total voters

Sohail

Reaction score
No PS3 wins fair and square ;). It has all the features you need, being able to store and play movies, pictures and music, to make things better, you get to handle HD graphics and sounds which is why you get the 25GB Blu-Ray discs instead of the 4.7GB DVDs. Unlike xbox, you don't have to pay to play online which gives you the best experience :). Did you know you can even install Linux on the PS3, you can download game demos and videos in HD from the playstation store too :).

Last edited:

kkenny

Reaction score
No PS3 wins fair and square ;). It has all the features you need, being able to store and play movies, pictures and music, to make things better, you get to handle HD graphics and sounds which is why you get the 25GB Blu-Ray discs instead of the 4.7GB DVDs. Unlike xbox, you don't have to pay to play online which gives you the best experience :). Did you know you can even install Linux on the PS3, you can download game demos and videos in HD from the playstation store too :).

Well some movies aren't available in Blue Ray, and only HDDVD which xbox 360 now has. And also the game demos and vids I'm pretty sure the ones for xbox are also HD, they have some HD games and some of them are not. And what's the problem with paying online? Xbox 360 has the best online community with their free silver membership and their gold membership makes it even better. And I also like the firmware (default) how you can press that button in the middle of your controller and you get ot set your music and stuff. IMO, I don't own either(I have a Wii) but from looking at stores and my friend's houses, the xbox wins.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys,

This really is a battle that can never really be won. I prefer the PS3 myself, because although I have had very little time using both consoles, the PS3 definitely shows better graphics and the games are generally better quality, even if there less of them.

The Xbox 360 has the advantage of being designed from the ground up for people who don't have great knowledge of computers and technology. It has the disadvantage of being badly built, with shoddy workmanship, hence the fact the flawed cooling inside the system on the graphics chip caused the red light of death. Out about 15 people I know who own a 360, no less than 4 have so far needed their 360 to be replaced.

I know only 3 people who own PS3s, a sign of too high a price in my humble opinion. However, none of them have broken down or otherwise gone wrong.

I prefer the PS3's features, I think the 360's dashboard seems thrown together and badly thought out, everything seems to be in the least logical place. The PS3 however has tidy menus designed to make finding features a lot easier.

I like the PS3, hate the 360 to be frank, but everyone's welcome to their own views.
-Luke.

kkenny

Reaction score
Hey guys,

This really is a battle that can never really be won. I prefer the PS3 myself, because although I have had very little time using both consoles, the PS3 definitely shows better graphics and the games are generally better quality, even if there less of them.

The Xbox 360 has the advantage of being designed from the ground up for people who don't have great knowledge of computers and technology. It has the disadvantage of being badly built, with shoddy workmanship, hence the fact the flawed cooling inside the system on the graphics chip caused the red light of death. Out about 15 people I know who own a 360, no less than 4 have so far needed their 360 to be replaced.

I know only 3 people who own PS3s, a sign of too high a price in my humble opinion. However, none of them have broken down or otherwise gone wrong.

I prefer the PS3's features, I think the 360's dashboard seems thrown together and badly thought out, everything seems to be in the least logical place. The PS3 however has tidy menus designed to make finding features a lot easier.

I like the PS3, hate the 360 to be frank, but everyone's welcome to their own views.
-Luke.

Haha, yeah... I feel sort of like, I really hated the PSP "dashboard" so I reacted to the same way of "PS3" dashboard. One of the main opinions why I like xBox 360 is because you can play music while you play games (theirs that ingame dashboard) and there's a better dashboard for "Online Gaming"

Is there even a form of online gaming for PS3? The Wii has the Wii shop and downloadable channels and stuff, and xBox 360 has it's organized online gaming system with Gold And Silver Membership and stuff.

imaran

Reaction score
Well some movies aren't available in Blue Ray, and only HDDVD which xbox 360 now has. And also the game demos and vids I'm pretty sure the ones for xbox are also HD, they have some HD games and some of them are not. And what's the problem with paying online? Xbox 360 has the best online community with their free silver membership and their gold membership makes it even better. And I also like the firmware (default) how you can press that button in the middle of your controller and you get ot set your music and stuff. IMO, I don't own either(I have a Wii) but from looking at stores and my friend's houses, the xbox wins.

HD-DVD will no longer be sold at any US stores. Blu-ray won the battle of HD sources, it's all over magazines, the news and such. Blockbuster stopped putting any HD-DVD stuff out on shelves months ago.

360 is better online, agreed but for $50 a year it isn't worth it to just be able to play online. You get online game play that is fully functional on the ps3 for free.