Quick Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

gideonp

Reaction score
I need to know if the free hosting plan will allow me to use LiveZilla on my site. It using CGI and PHP to function. You can check it out at www.livezilla.net I need this script on my site.

psycrosis

Reaction score
I can't see why not... Also with a few click installation in cPanel with softaculous is

Crafty Syntax
Help center live
HESK
osTicket
ExoPHPDesk
phpSupport
Open Web messenger
phpOnline

all similar to livezilla

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Note that chat scripts are prohibited by TOS due to the resource usage.

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
LiveZilla should be allowed because its a private chat with the admin of the site. Most of the hosting is done from the user's own computer.

I've seen many users of x10 free hosting use it, myself included (though I removed it recently).

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
As long as flat file database is used. It's fine. Don't use mysql.

gideonp

Reaction score
On the other server I was on they allowed me to use it, although it does have to use 1 mysql database, and as mentioned above it's a direct chat with me, the site admin. I use the support because my site is a radio station that streams with a shoutcast server. I use the support for issues with my visitors connecting and for music requests when I'm streaming. So I really need a certain answer cause I don't want to loose hosting again because of such a small issue, my other host sold to a new owner without notice so thats why I had to switch.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Since it's not a regular chat script, but rather a two way communication I'd guess it'll be ok. Though it all depends on resource usage.

If it should come to a point where your account use too much resources your account would be suspended, the first two times you can unsuspend yourself, on the third you'll need to contact staff by submitting a support request who then should be able to see what script is causing an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.