Re-Opening FileVIP (Beta)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
Hey Corey,
Nice one. That's a great site you have got going there, but since the registrations are off....I couldn't use it. Hopefully it will be up and running soon and I hope you announce it when the registrations are open...:happysad:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
File manager isn't done yet, running behind on some things because of all the server issues at the end of last week.

Anonymous uploads should work fine though for those that want to use them.

-Corey

stealth_thunder

Reaction score
Hi Corey,

Thanks for the updates... Maybe you should disable the login page too, because before you disable the registeration, I did sign up and register as a member.

I think it will be cool if you can disable the login page so that users who had already registered will be able to know that the account manager and file manager is currently in construction.

My point of view

Oh for the Anonymous uploads, I already test one file.

Here's some of the test I made:
=====================
- uploading on firefox and Internet Explorer ( everything is ok here, no missing text or buttons).
- Direct downloading ( This is working definitely )
- Download Accelerator Downloads ( Not yet tested, do not want to cause you trouble till you give a go signal )
- Mp3 Player Streaming with hxxp://filevip.com/files/xxx.vip ( Streaming works but a little slow in buffering took me like 20 - 30 mins to complete buffering a 1.28mb)
- Video Player Streaming ( not yet tested , do not want to cause you trouble till you give a go signal )

Cheers

stealth_thunder

Reaction score
Wow, this website I found is cool.

Corey have a look at this file hosting server it supports hotlinking too.

Edited

You can take some idea from there, because I have found similar but different plans to it.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

stealth_thunder

Reaction score
Hey Corey,

Is filevip full launch already, today I went to the website it seems to changed alot and registeration can be done now

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
There are some weird bugs. If you have a download accelerator it wouldn't download the right file. It downloads redirect.php (free download manager). IE7 has an download function and that is working well.

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
Corey, I think you should make the downloads private, if you know what I mean. You host a file only for some particular person, and it should not be available for the public. And why don't you make it a bit more professional, the fonts look kinda weird.

stealth_thunder

Reaction score
I agree on masking the filename from the download link because it will be better to keep it personal since filevip is going to be used by the public to share files with their friends and also to store their personal data so that they can access it from another computer.

This is also quite dangerous if someone tried to do this in google to filter filevip server for the list of stuff they want to get if they know it exist they will be able to get it

Status
Not open for further replies.