Redirected with old Cpanel, now I can't remove it with the new DirectAdmin

Status
Not open for further replies.

achatfut

Reaction score
Hi. I have a big problem. Before the control panel update for the last one included, I had left my website redirecting to a page called coming-soon because it was under development and I did a redirection from the old control panel "Cpanel" and now, with the new system I don't see how to reload my homepage, since it still redirects the page to the "coming-soon" page. I tried to do another redirection from the new system but it doesn't work.

How can I remove the redirect I did with Cpanel in the new system?

P.D: My website https://www.achatfuturvente.x10.bz

Last edited:

achatfut

Reaction score
I don't know if still working on server. Could I wait 'till finish or what?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know for sure if there are any ongoing work to be done on your server, but as for removing the redirect it should be possible to remove it manually by editing the .htaccess file that should be in the public_html folder for the domain you want to remove the redirect from.

achatfut

Reaction score
@Anna, I have already touched the .htaccess file and it was not possible to delete the redirect. I did it with the previous CPanel, now with the new control panel that redirection does not appear, so it was not possible to remove it. I hope some member can edit it or tell me how to do it from the new control panel.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I just tried setting up a redirect on my account and it did indeed put it inside an .htaccess which resides in public_html. I do not yet have access to the servers backend so I can unfortunately not help out by any other means then check towards my account and suggest where to look.

I assume you have looked under "Account Manager" -> "Site redirection"? That's where I found the function to manage redirects.

Do you have any .htaccess in other folders that may contain the redirect code, though logically it should be at the public_html root for the domain.

achatfut

Reaction score
I just tried setting up a redirect on my account and it did indeed put it inside an .htaccess which resides in public_html. I do not yet have access to the servers backend so I can unfortunately not help out by any other means then check towards my account and suggest where to look.

I assume you have looked under "Account Manager" -> "Site redirection"? That's where I found the function to manage redirects.

Do you have any .htaccess in other folders that may contain the redirect code, though logically it should be at the public_html root for the domain.

Yes @Anna, you assume well, I did it, by the way it was the first thing I did.

No, I don't have any other .htaccess file.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I have been granted access to the servers as admin, I do see two redirects on your account when checking "Account Manager" -> "Site redirection".

I can remove them for you, I just want to confirm it is not something you have added recently. Could be something got messed up with who "owns" the redirect setting and that would explain why you didn't see them.

achatfut

Reaction score
I have been granted access to the servers as admin, I do see two redirects on your account when checking "Account Manager" -> "Site redirection".

I can remove them for you, I just want to confirm it is not something you have added recently. Could be something got messed up with who "owns" the redirect setting and that would explain why you didn't see them.

I added it yesterday, but it still doesn't work. I removed just a few seconds ago one of the redirects, but there is no way. I deleted the .htaccess file, added the redirects and created the file again but it didn't work either. I'm afraid I'll have to eliminate everything and start from scratch again.

For some reason, the old "CPanel" control panel has somehow blocked and maintains it as a 301 redirect when I selected a "302 Temporary" type redirection. Some file has been ignored when the data is transferred to the new control panel "DirectAdmin" because this is not normal. Is there any way to redirect using PHP code or delete any file that was associated with the old CPanel and that shows me my main web page again?

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Always a good idea to take backups.

I have been looking around to see where the redirect is located, but it fails me. I have for now removed the one you had set as well just to make sure that one does not interfer with any findings I might do. It is however possible I'll have to pass it on to admins with a higher level of access.

I also know that there will be a second pass with the transfers when the first is completed on all servers, just to make sure things are where they should be, that might solve it if I cant get anyone to look at it earlier.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I took a look at the page source, and the coming-soon appears to be part of your wordpress install. Specifying the login page does prompt the login page, could it be that you have set it up as a page in wordpress and asked wordpress to have it as your landingpage?

achatfut

Reaction score
I took a look at the page source, and the coming-soon appears to be part of your wordpress install. Specifying the login page does prompt the login page, could it be that you have set it up as a page in wordpress and asked wordpress to have it as your landingpage?

coming-soon is a page that I built to redirect the web since I didn't want to add more plugins to my wordpress, but I have pointing to my main page and not the coming-soon page.

upload_2019-12-29_13-12-6.png
Although the website is in English, I have my backoffice in Spanish since it is my native language.

achatfut

Reaction score
By the way, say that I have backed up the entire site and added it to a local server on my PC. Everything here is fine, but when I load the web it does the same to me, it redirects to the coming-soon page. Because of this, I am reviewing the main pages of wordpres and the database to see if CPanel somehow injected code somewhere to redirect the page.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you by any chance using cloudflare, or similar service? I did a ping on your domain and that came back with the old server IP instead of the IP of your current server.

This would explain why we can't find and remove the redirect as well. Directadmin does not have an integration with cloudflare so that would mean you need to change the IP there. If you do not use cloudflare or similar I'll have to investigate further

achatfut

Reaction score
Are you by any chance using cloudflare, or similar service? I did a ping on your domain and that came back with the old server IP instead of the IP of your current server.

This would explain why we can't find and remove the redirect as well. Directadmin does not have an integration with cloudflare so that would mean you need to change the IP there. If you do not use cloudflare or similar I'll have to investigate further

No, I have not used Cloudflare for this project. Because I don't have enough funds to hire a paid server I used yours to create the website step by step, that's why the redirection to the coming-soon page. If I had known that this would happen, I would have removed the redirect from the same CPanel.

It seems to me that when you have everything in perfect working order, I will have to eliminate everything and start all over again.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The issue is that your site is served from the old server not from the new server. When I ping the domain I get .2 as last number of ip, it should be .12 as last number, that is why I wondered if you had setup dns elsewhere such as with cloudflare.

I think it fair to say that the issue is in dns somehow, but the parts of it that I can access looks right however.

achatfut

Reaction score
The issue is that your site is served from the old server not from the new server. When I ping the domain I get .2 as last number of ip, it should be .12 as last number, that is why I wondered if you had setup dns elsewhere such as with cloudflare.

I think it fair to say that the issue is in dns somehow, but the parts of it that I can access looks right however.

_

Is there anything on my part that I could do? I mean, touch something or install something that points to IP 198.91.81.12 and not IP 198.91.81.2.

I have been seeing everything and I do not see any evidence that shows something pointing to the IP 198.91.81.2, besides, does that IP not automatically change the system with the change you made?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The ip should definitely have changed with the migration, which is why I wondered if you used cloudflare or similar as we wouldn't have been able to change records on their end if you did.

I have sorted out the IP issue and confirmed that the redirect is indeed the result of one of your plugins, divi coming soon, when renaming that specific plugins folder the redirect goes away.

achatfut

Reaction score
The ip should definitely have changed with the migration, which is why I wondered if you used cloudflare or similar as we wouldn't have been able to change records on their end if you did.

I have sorted out the IP issue and confirmed that the redirect is indeed the result of one of your plugins, divi coming soon, when renaming that specific plugins folder the redirect goes away.

-

I have that add-on but it doesn't have any pages added.
I have uninstalled the "Divi coming soon" plugin and also one that redirected but I installed because of the current problem but it was disabled. Anything else I can do?

Status
Not open for further replies.