Redirected with old Cpanel, now I can't remove it with the new DirectAdmin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I will have to talk to higher admins, as the IP ones again reverted back to the incorrect one although I did correct it a few hours ago.

I have made changes so for the time being the site is served from the correct IP, but given that it changes itself there's something else in play.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
As of right now I am no longer redirected. I did flush my dns just recently for another reason though. If you had a permanent (301) redirect, that could have been cached on dns level even.

I still need to make sure the correct IP sticks to your domain though.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I know it isn't there now, but if that was how it was initially setup that could be what's causing part of the problem, information gets cached on various levels.

I get your site without the redirect currently.

achatfut

Reaction score
I was working on the website project when I could no longer pay for internet services, so I chose to redirect with the "Divi Comin Soon" plugin. Then I remembered that in Cpanel there was the option to create a redirect, so I deleted the page I redirected with the plugin but without disabling it, so that the page reloaded normally on my landing page without any problem. Then I activated the redirection of the page but in mode (302 Temporary). What I don't understand why a (301) appears.

I was almost a month without being able to connect and at a friend's house I took the opportunity to continue with my web project and it was when I realized that you were making the change to DirectAdmin and I could no longer access the Cpanel.

--

By the way, I still have the redirection to the coming-soon page.
I have loaded the website in other browsers that I use just in case it was something from the cache, but this shows me the same. I did a flushdns sweep on my pc. I cannot restart the router because I am connected to the neighbor's wifi and he is not home now for travel reasons. I will restart my PC and try again to see if I see my website without redirection.

achatfut

Reaction score
I told to my neighbor to restart the router but still have the redirection to the coming-soon page.

I tried to install WordPress from the Softaculous option but I get the alert that cannot be done in the trial version:upload_2019-12-31_17-50-16.png

If at least this works, I could create a new installation and start over with the project and verify that the redirection stops appearing. I don't know what else to do.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
just guessing, but maybe you can download a copy of wordpress
and install that instead of the softalicious version.

achatfut

Reaction score
just guessing, but maybe you can download a copy of wordpress
and install that instead of the softalicious version.

--

Yes, I thought so, but it is one of the minor problems. The problem is that if I do so, I may still have the problem of redirection 301; If you have read the post you will know what I mean.

Thank you anyway.

By the way, happy new year;)

achatfut

Reaction score
I think I've fixed it.

I entered via FTP using the FileZilla program and I realized that there was a different .htaccess file, and I was very surprised that the FTP connection connected to the IP 198.91.81.2.

upload_2020-1-1_4-12-44.png

I don't know why this has happened, but it was to delete the command line that redirected to the "coming-soon" page in the .htaccess file and I can now see the web without redirection.

upload_2020-1-1_4-14-57.png

It's something completely weird for me.

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-1_4-13-42.png
    upload_2020-1-1_4-13-42.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 2

achatfut

Reaction score
What a mess. :rofl:

When I thought I had it, it tells me now that the site is not secure, as when I was in the previous CPanel I had the SSL security certificate now indicating that there is a certificate error.

I'll look at it another time. Now I'm going to rest, it's 5:00 am here in Spain.

Happy 2020 year.

achatfut

Reaction score
I have made a decision about all this.

As the web project I was doing only had the structure done but no relevant content and indicate that I have support for everything I want to delete my account completely and because you still have a lot of work ahead, I will stop making the website here . When you have finished all the work and have solved all the current problems, I will come back and create another site since it is now impossible.

So I said, I give my permission to delete all my account and all the data that is found on my web server. If there is any thing that needs to be provided by me, indicate it to attach it.

Thank you for all the help provided and again happy new year 2020.

achatfut

Reaction score
@Anna
I hope you read my last comment about deleting my hosting account.

I do not wish this post to be overlooked and that you do not read my request.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I cannot safely delete accounts during maintenance, as it would only be possible to delete it from parts of our system.

Status
Not open for further replies.