Reset MySQL admin password

Status
Not open for further replies.

cldev01x

Reaction score
Now then,

I am having trouble resetting the MySQL admin password - any suggestions please?
I am a new free hosting user. I have tried using the "Manage Users" option on the Databases tab of the cPanel - but it is not responding - and I have also tried using SQL in myPHPAdmin but do not have the permissions.

Frustrating :-/

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi cldev01x,

Is the admin password you are referring to the main MySQL account for all your databases (with the same username as your cPanel)? If so, the password to that user is synchronised with your cPanel password. Changing your cPanel password will also change that password.

Thank you,

cldev01x

Reaction score
Hi Dead-i

Thanks for the quick response. I have re-tried that password but with no luck.

What I'm trying to do is pretty simple, I have a PHP file which includes:
$link = mysql_connect('localhost','<<SQLLogin>>','<<password>>') or die('Cannot connect to the DB Server');
mysql_select_db('<<dbname>>',$link) or die('Cannot select the DB');

But all I receive when httin the PHP file is:
Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user '<<SQLLogin>>'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/cldev01x/public_html/WebServiceSQL/web-service.php on line 11
Cannot connect to the DB Server

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Use the cPanel to create a mySQL user.
Add the new user to the database in question with ALL PRIVILEGES
Use that user and password instead.

I am assuming '<<SQLLogin>>' is you editing the real code so as to not post your cPanel username.

cldev01x

Reaction score
Hey descalzo

Thanks for your response, you are correct: <<SQLLogin>> is not my cPanel username.

I have attempted to follow these simple steps but I am not getting anywhere, maybe I am experiencing a problem with cPanel?

I have clicked the cPanel Databases tab, then clicked the "cog" icon to select "Manage Users": when I tried before posting the page did nothing, now when I select "Manage Users" I am navigating to a blank page.

Is there any browser compatibility issues I should be aware of - I have tried Chrome, IE and Safari?

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Try switching to the x10x3 theme, there may be an issue with MySQL management in the basic theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.