Response to feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avegaille

Reaction score
Odd, I'm getting a 404 for my site... is the updates/fixes still undergoing? o__o

hsoares8584

Reaction score
Odd, I'm getting a 404 for my site... is the updates/fixes still undergoing? o__o

If you are on Stoli, your answer is found at http://status.x10hosting.com.

Side note
Corey, if you need help keeping the status page up to date with what is going on with the servers and stuff I don't mind assisting with it. I type fairly quickly and can help with whatever other stuff is needed, I help in Chat quite often. Send me a message if you need anymore help (Volunteer of course).

GtoXic

x10 Support
Reaction score
If you are on Stoli, your answer is found at http://status.x10hosting.com.

Side note
Corey, if you need help keeping the status page up to date with what is going on with the servers and stuff I don't mind assisting with it. I type fairly quickly and can help with whatever other stuff is needed, I help in Chat quite often. Send me a message if you need anymore help (Volunteer of course).

All staff that work on the support side of things now have a password which means almost 24/7 updates due to location in the world, etc.

sarah.b.morley87

Reaction score
Are we still not supposed to make tickets about any of this things listed in this thread? I was under the impression that the maintenance was done, and currently the status page doesn't show anything as having a problem. I submitted a ticket about e-mail not working two days ago, but is that something they are already aware of and working on like that thread says?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Are we still not supposed to make tickets about any of this things listed in this thread? I was under the impression that the maintenance was done, and currently the status page doesn't show anything as having a problem. I submitted a ticket about e-mail not working two days ago, but is that something they are already aware of and working on like that thread says?

Email will hopefully be sorted shortly... we are attempting to implement some new technology from a company that will be named later but have run into some technical issues. At the moment we are trying to hold things over temporarily until we know more so the outgoing filters are being very, very strict to prevent any blacklistings from occurring. When a blacklisting happens it affects mail for all free hosting users. Look for an update regarding this by early next week. In the mean time I'll take a look at the current filters and see if I can adjust it some tonight\tomorrow.

paula_peel95

Reaction score
I really appreciate to have a free space to have my tiny site. And I also appreciate the effort you had taken on making all this changes to be better.

But (there's always a but), my server, Stoli, hasn't improved - ever. I always have problems with it: site down, database down - minimum once per week.

I lurk the forums and I noticed there are a lot of complaints about Stoli, but not so much about other servers. I suppose I had bad luck to have been put on Stoli.

Any chance to be moved? My site is really small, it won't cause problems. I just want it online :(

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I really appreciate to have a free space to have my tiny site. And I also appreciate the effort you had taken on making all this changes to be better.

But (there's always a but), my server, Stoli, hasn't improved - ever. I always have problems with it: site down, database down - minimum once per week.

I lurk the forums and I noticed there are a lot of complaints about Stoli, but not so much about other servers. I suppose I had bad luck to have been put on Stoli.

Any chance to be moved? My site is really small, it won't cause problems. I just want it online :(

I'm not aware of any outstanding issues with Stoli... however the last server is being moved to the new setup today(Chopin). All of our focus has been on completing the migrations to the new setup so something may have slipped by or an outstanding problem may be awaiting a fix. Things should start to smooth out by this weekend now that all the servers will have been moved. We will then be able to knock out any lingering issues from the migrations.

carlinga

Reaction score
Hello.
I'm not sure this is the best way to report it, but Starka's SMTP server is not working for a couple of days.
In the last weeks it happened some times and every time I read the status (not in manteinance) and open a ticket (never closed or answared) ...
Is this the place to report it?
Best regards,

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello.
I'm not sure this is the best way to report it, but Starka's SMTP server is not working for a couple of days.
In the last weeks it happened some times and every time I read the status (not in manteinance) and open a ticket (never closed or answared) ...
Is this the place to report it?
Best regards,

I'll take a look at this probably Saturday or Sunday depending how everything wraps up with the server moves.

avc_com46

Reaction score
hi,

Is the website unavailable or too busy?
i have problems for accessing to ftp and website.

thanks for help!!

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
Starka is still under maintenance?

Last edited:

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Have you read the status website?

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
it's not under maintenance anymore but I still can't get on my site *shrugs*

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi Jessica,

It looks like Starka is currently having issues according to http://status.x10Hosting.com/

Free hosting servers Stoli and Starka are currently down for maintenance. We will update when this is complete.
Due to complications with cPanel, our systems, and the 2.6.18 kernel we are doing an immediate unscheduled maintenance to upgrade everything to 2.6.32

Keep an eye out on the above link :)

Status
Not open for further replies.