Review my site

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
I use FIREFOX,the introduction part was very slow. And also you could add some back ground in index2.htm

nthstar

Reaction score
Did you get redirected to NonIE.html? THe first index page detects the browser and sends you to either the IE page or the NonIe page

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Also using Firefox.
I got redirected to http://northstar.x10hosting.com/NonIE.html which, based on your statement above is correct. "Type" />" appears in the upper left hand corner along with an FLV Player which does not play anything, (black screen). There are controls in the player but pressing play / pause has no noticeable effect. I have Flash installed and do not usually have any difficulty viewing any type of video content. A countdown runs near the bottom of the page and after awhile, (90 seconds I think), I am redirected to http://northstar.x10hosting.com/index2.htm .
I know this is a work in progress and you are clearly putting a lot of hard work into it, but there are clearly some issues with browser compatibility which need to be worked out.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score

What? :D

The introduction is too long (I don't have flash installed, mind)

I like the site, it is quite simple. I think you should centre the page though, it looks a bit odd at the left.

~Callum

mikester

Reaction score
Firstly I wouldn't code a site based on IE, but outside of that ... I would completely lose the NonIE.html page and just redirect other browsers to your index2.html.

nthstar

Reaction score
I have changed the site by adding a new flash detect page after the IE browser seperation Thus, if you don't have flash, you will automatically bypass the intros. Plus, you can always skip the intro by clicking skip introduction. In addition, I have switched the NonIE intro to a one based on youtube (I upload the vid to youtube and that version of the video will play instead of the flvplayer.

Last edited:

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
I honestly think you should scrap the intro page, it does nothing that a good homepage couldn't include and will just frustrate any potential visitors; you could eve embed that video file in the homepage and turn off auto-play. Your time would be better spent working on the actual site and getting that up to a decent quality. For starters you could centre the whole page data, as previously suggested. Other than that, it is really quite lacking when it comes to content, a photo gallery or something would do wonders for the visual appeal of the site.

toyowheelin

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
This might seem like a good idea...but its really not at all, many search engines will see right through what you did there and effectively penalize you for attempting to keyword stuff.
Code:
<span style="font-size: 1px;">Keywords for google: Scouts, Explorers, North, Star, Explorer, Stafford, Scouting, Adventure, camping, explorer, scout, boy scout, girl scout, girl, boy, staffordshire, cooking, wilderness, friendship, Church, St., Bertlin, Holmcraft, holmcroft, road, fun</span>

mattblog

Reaction score
Timer was off count of the video. Just saying, it should be matched correctly with time. Suggestion for first index, use <center> and </center> tag to center it all. and put a background like a gradient with it.

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
When I visited your site, it took too much time to display the flash and when I skipped it, it, using
For more information click here.
I got a page with yellow background that is just eye killer, please use some light colors, like lemon yellow.

Your site starts with a introduction video, is it necessary?In web world why one would love to see that video, when he can read it faster on page to know what you are and who you are and there is one more important thing is the speed of the internet connection of client.If somebody has slow internet dial up connection then how he would know what about your site is.

I found index2.htm better in Firefox, but creating different pages for browsers is not a good idea, think if I bookmark your site, then which page I should bookmark.Also it makes me feel that my browser is second class.So my suggestions to you do browser detection on server side or in client side and then display the page.And yes make your intro part readable,so not only I but search bots and web crawlers can know about your site and it will give your site relatively good rank in search engines.So when I search for your site, no othe site would come first.

Good luck for your website.

Bhupendra

claxon

Reaction score
Its ok, but could you work on main page to make loading faster? i was 10 seconds waiting for display the intro page, and, make the "skip intro" link more visible because i have to watch every pixel in your site until see the skip intro link, and, is no apparentely a link (white font... no suggest a link no?)

Good Job
Cheers

PD: please review http://www.claxonproducciones.cl, and check your experience in the site.!

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Claxon: If you want a review of your site, post a new thread for it in this forum rather than going off-topic in this one. It'll also mean that all the replies are relevant to your site only and you'll be likely to get some better reviews.

infopage

Reaction score
Needs more content and definitely a better looking splash video page. it just doesn't strike me as professional.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
There is absolutely no excuse for testing in only one browser (and no defensible excuse for having different pages for different browsers). At a minimum, you should be looking at your page through a Gecko-based browser (Firefox) and a Webkit-based browser (Google Chrome or Safari) in addition to IE. Testing in Opera as well wouldn't be a bad idea, nor would testing with different IE versions (if you can manage it -- at least there are real restrictions on multiple IE versions if you have only one underpowered machine at your disposal). All of these browsers are free, and you can have them all installed on the same machine at the same time. Again -- no excuse.

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
http://browsershots.org/

See how others view your site - checks over sixty browsers from the latest mainstream IE / Firefox down to some really obscure ones. A must have bookmark for anybody designing a web site... did I mention the service is completely free as well?

deeahn.gee24

Reaction score
hey man, alot of work looks like it has been put into this. i agree with the other members and i think there is quite a few browser compatibility problems. intro is way too long, may i suggest a 'Skip Intro' link to speed intro up.

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

What can I do if my account was suspended? :frown:

hey it seems you have placed your question in the wrong place, the answer varies on why your account was suspended in the first place.

tittbit12

Banned
Reaction score
I had created my php programeed site for anti-spam purpose i.e. temporary email address site.

it is like mailinator.com but with simplistic user interface

after just the site is opened a temporary email address is created for you at the top-right, or u can use custom email,

and there is no need to reload site when the new mail arrives, it works automatically and keep continously checking for your emails.

I had created it after lot of hard work

plz review and mail me any suggestions or features. I can hire a php developer too.
visit

http://titt-bit.co.cc
http://titt-bit.co.cc

thnx in advance for all visitors