Review My Site

gamerdude

Reaction score
http://dwayne.x10hosting.com

I want an opinion on the homepage, I know it is a long way from being finished (as I am working on an animated sidebar for links, some animated banners, and other things) but I want an opinion on the basic layout more than the actual look.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
sorry, but layout is horrible, I would suggest using CSS, maybe its just me, but the text runs down the page, and it overlaps on everything. I don't know if its just my browser, but, it is in pretty bad shape.

Things you could/should do:

CSS
Tables
Borders

gamerdude

Reaction score
I'm using CSS.
I don't like tables.
I have borders on the newest version of my page (I hadn't uploaded it yet, it is the only difference.

I see nothing overlapping, however, I'm viewing it in 1440*900 so I guess I need to work on that.

I am also making an entirely new design now so...

Thanks for the criticism, it is always welcome.

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
well thats why. remember, most users will see your site on 1024X768 dimensions.

hartawan

Reaction score
use of theme would be nice since it keep consistency all over the pages....
what i mean here is the css usage of consistency...
try harder dude

1erik1

Reaction score
I would suggest a floating background, not a repeated one.
and yea get some order on those links

gamerdude

Reaction score
I meant the home page, the rest of the site is either unlinked or jumbled together. I have made progress on an external CSS template I am going to use. I will let you all know when I upload it (or you will notice, it makes some big changes).

I know I probably should of done more work on this before asking everyone to rate it, I have got good suggestions though so...

BTW, for those of you who don't know, Oblivion is a game that I mod. The construction set was officially released by the company and is a non-watered down version of what the game developers used to make the game world.

Last edited:

Sohail

Reaction score
1/10

I don't know what to say about this. The color scheme isn't so good, nor is the layout, and all sites should have a logo, why doesn't yours? I would suggest you chose a color scheme using http://colorlovers.com/ and make a nice banner with your logo in it to go at the top. Create a cool navigation out of image and use CSS to create the text effects image rollovers etc... About the background, i repeated background in CSS always looks best, and loads quite fast too. The one on my site is only 1px high so it doesn't take long to load at all.

Good Luck.

kkenny

Reaction score
1.3/10

Color scheme is horrible, if it's not it still burns my eyes. The background is very annoying when you try to read/skim through the text and it just plain is... sorry to say this. But i'ts very awful. I say you really use tables even if you hate them because they will help you. Also I suggest you make it easier to view from a 1024x768 screen perspective because I have to scroll Left to Right AND Up and Down. I suggest you put a little more effort in creating the site.

gamerdude

Reaction score
Sorry, I know it is awful. I threw it together too quick and I myself, after looking at it would not even give it a 1/10. What colors do you think would be good? I think maybe something kinda like this site's background.

like2program

Reaction score
sorry, but layout is horrible, I would suggest using CSS, maybe its just me, but the text runs down the page, and it overlaps on everything. I don't know if its just my browser, but, it is in pretty bad shape.

It looks just fine to me.
I like the overall feel of the page.
Just add some content and this site is set.
Might I suggest that you remove
HTML:
		<p>&nbsp;</p>
		<p>&nbsp;</p>
		<p>&nbsp;</p>
		<p>&nbsp;</p>
from the navbar
and replace it with padding.

gamerdude

Reaction score
umm... that would be v2 of my page that you are viewing

It is being updated now and I made a new thread as this had fallen back to page 2 and held comments about my old version. The new version is totally redesigned. Also, that <p>&nbsp;</p> wasn't suppose to be there. It was a bug with the DWT.

Last edited:

wiileg3nd

Reaction score
I hope that's not the site people were saying look bad, because it actually looks pretty nice, except theres is no footer, you should add one. Did you make that template yourself? if so, great job.