Review my site

themadcrazykid

Reaction score
ok check it out,

my website dosent have much stuff in it right now but i guaranty that its gonna be filled you with millions of resources and graphics and interactive stuff and who knows what other.
Although i did add some stuff into it.

My site is powered by CMS.
All the stuff is original except the addons obviously.
The template is original and the graphics and everything.

my site can be found here: http://madcrazykid.co.cc/

I am also looking for staff right now so you can apply in the forum if you are interested.

Last edited:

withambition

Reaction score
The overall design of the site is nice, but it'd look much cleaner if you put your updates section directly to the left of your navigation. It's probably just a mix-up with your floats if you're using CSS.

themadcrazykid

Reaction score
can u possibly post a screenshot from your point of view so that i can see what it looks like on different screens

withambition

Reaction score
certainly. If it looks normal on your computer, than it's probably a browser adjustment. I'm using Firefox.

Attachments

• mck.jpg
    mck.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 19

kkenny

Reaction score
IT looks ok, overall I think it's pretty great, beetter than a lot fo the layouts on this forum. The only suggestion I have to make is I suggest having only one login box, preferably the top bar, and using the other login box for some content.

delon

Banned
Reaction score
Nice, Neat, Clean well layed out layout. Nice navigation bar, the part of the page where there is something grey makes the page look out of tune. Nice Header.

Overall Rating : Cant Decide - 7 or 8/10

retro-bliss

Reaction score
I love the first impression of the layout. Very colourful and original! :)
However, the css is slightly basic especially in areas such as the navigation menu. Use php and html sites to learn more advanced css :D
Good luck with your site!

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
stop using firefox addons. I.E users cannot open your site. it loads, then an error message apears,basicly saying that we cant access the site, cause you have a bad code or script on it

D-MaN

Reaction score
Hmm, your layout is nice enough, good colour combos, etc. Navigation is straight forward but nothing spectacular. Solid effort.

Only real issue I came across was the box at the top-right of the page: "Most Read Content." I hate that word. Especially when used in a context presented to the end user like that. It just makes the site see so... cookie cutter. If you were to call it Most viewed media, or posts, or articles or something like that, it would sound more fleshed out that "content".

Also, in terms of semantic optimization, the phrase "Most Popular..." will generate more interest versus "Most Read..." ("reading" sounds boring) or "Most Viewed"(viewing sounds like a boring verb); whereas "Popular" is attention grabbing. Once you're got your viewers attention, they'll hang out on your site more, which results in more signups, word-of-mouth clickthroughs, impressions, etc.

See? Good web design is all in the little details. It's ok to focus on broad things like colour and navigation usability every now and then as they are the fundamentals of design, but picking up on quirky things like the wording of a particular portion of your site will separate you from "good" and "great".

Cheers!

Also, try making the CSS checkmark in the footer a clickable link that posts the sites validation from the W3C CSS Validation Service.

Last edited:

hartawan

Reaction score
looks good.. color scheme is very nice.. combination of contrast red, white & black.... rating 9/10