Seeking feedback, comments, suggestions

kimkali

Reaction score
Hey X10ers,

www.tusksoup.com

New to webdesign I am looking for any comments, feedback and suggestions about my consultancy website. It would be particularly useful to know how it rates for user experience, and what could be added / changed / removed to make it easier to navigate & increase chance of generating contact.

Many thanks!

Kim

KimKali

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Wow that is quite good when you are new to webdesign.

I would think it would look a bit better if the pattern was removed, and the shadow continues all the way around the footer, because now it looks a bit cut-off-ish, if you know what I mean, or make the design go all the way to the footer.

Last edited:

kimkali

Reaction score
Wow that is quite good when you are new to webdesign.

I would think it would look a bit better if the pattern was removed, and the shadow continues all the way around the footer, because now it looks a bit cut-off-ish, if you know what I mean, or make the design go all the way to the footer.

Thank you! I taught myself HTML (then XHTML and CSS) over the summer. I'll be relaunching the website soon - getting initial feedback etc to shape the look, UI, and content. Your feedback is really useful, thank you!

Kim

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I think the design looks great. You may want to try justifying the text in the content DIV ID.

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
`the logo doesn't fit in with the sleekness of the site
`the background is a tad bit annoying and the shadow effect doesn't blend in
`footer looks cut off

everything else on the site looks professional and top notch

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
The site looks great! I will have to agree that the logo seems a bit out of place, but the colors are really very nice, and the pink even looks good (not overused).

Very good job if it's your first time doing this. I see greatness in your future. :)

Great job,
Neil Hanlon

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
On the top and side menus, I do not like it when the link to the current page is active. Clicking on it should be a no-op, not a reload of the page.

The 'Contact' page should be for just that. How to contact you.N
Not 'About our Director'. And, does your director have a second name? 'Kim' is allright for friendly chit-chat, but it does not appear professional.
And lose the twitter link. Click on it and see if what is on that page is a good reflection on your business.

"Portfolio' is a sampling of your past work. Not what your services are/cost.

The dotted underline gets to be distracting, and confusing when some of it hides links.

"Ethics" in side menu, "Ethos" in top menu both lead to the same page. Which term do you want?

The more I look at it, the less I like it that the top and side menus are virtually the same.

Last edited:

kimkali

Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback!

Shall be reworking the site to make it smoother, & adding more pages to seperate portfolio from products, and "who are we" from contact etc.

Waiting on a vector version of the logo - the current version is one I made using InsightPoint and Paint.

Thanks again -- feedback really helps. Shall be back when I've worked in changes.