Selling a Coming soon Page(Not Coded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't want to be rude, but I wouldn't pay 1 cent for that.

I could make something equal in photoshop in ~10 minutes.

It's really good to start somewhere - everyone has to. Hell, my first designs were worse than that (I believe I used Comic Sans MS, Times New Roman, and FrontPage/Microsoft Publisher to make it).

I'd suggest continuing designing, and get better at it! Before you start selling designs, you have to prove that you can do really good designs.

Keep working! :)

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
To be honest I wouldn't pay money for that either...especially since I don't know any scripting or such....

Here is what I did using html...that I learned in Highschool...
I still have the free hosting account open...

http://lagronala.tripod.com/index.html

That design I made is gold, compared to what you have. Man...you need to think outside the box...create something you haven't seen before, and finish it up PERFECTLY...then sell it not for 2 bucks or 5....why not create something GREAT once...and sell it for 199$ ??? on a site like themehost.com or something like that?

That's where the money is...CREATE SOMETHING GREAT...make it almost perfect...then sell for $ cash $.

http://lagronala.tripod.com/index.html That design is worth 25$ HOW??? I had a kid in class want to pay 25$ for the site and call it "his" so he could get himself an A... on the project. That

That site also took me about 45 minutes a day in class for 15 days... spend time on your themes...when you finish it, to be just perfect it will pay off.

Make your next theme/page clean...don't use anything too fancy...mere html in the simplest forms is what makes some attractive sites.

Last edited:

jamestks

Reaction score
Html does not make Attractive sites and i wouldnt pay $25 for ur site as i could do that in html Photoshop or CSS makes attractive sites your site is not attractive at all sorry to say bud but thanks anyway

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm..

I made http://wsr.im/ Using only HTML and CSS. They're pretty much all together.

The only thing on that site using an image is the logo.

If it looks bad, you're probably using a stupid browser.

2011-03-20_2210.png

The point John was making was that someone wanted to pay $25 for that simple HTML and CSS site. And that neither of us would pay $2 for yours. I wouldn't even pay a cent for it.

HTML makes amazingly attractive sites. I don't think you really know what you're talking about...

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Html does not make Attractive sites and i wouldnt pay $25 for ur site as i could do that in html Photoshop or CSS makes attractive sites your site is not attractive at all sorry to say bud but thanks anyway
You missed the point I was making...and I was only trying to be constructive...you can't just create a page and call it Gold...when I, years ago, made that one site I linked to, for a class project... I still like my site more than yours :)

Hmmm..

I made http://wsr.im/ Using only HTML and CSS. They're pretty much all together. That's a good design, NICE WORK Neil...wish I had an imagination like that..I always come out with complicated things

2011-03-20_2210.png

The point John was making was that someone wanted to pay $25 for that simple HTML and CSS site. And that neither of us would pay $2 for yours. I wouldn't even pay a cent for it. Exactly...thanks for backing me up buddy.

HTML makes amazingly attractive sites. I don't think you really know what you're talking about... ...I can create a 3 page html site in less than 3 hours...( I KNOW ABSOLUTELY garbage about scripting)...and then I can go and sell the site for 199 to a local store/company while raking in 24.99 a month for hosting it for them...ALL WITH HTML...simplicity is perfect in my eyes...and to those companies/people I come across.

Status
Not open for further replies.