Should I get Windows 8?

thewolfydragon17

Reaction score
just seen this video of a demo of it on youtube
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p92QfWOw88I

it looks like a massive touch screen windows phone... don't thing i like it.. it doesn't look like a computer until you open MS Office up.

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Early Adopters We Salute You!
and reserve the right to mock you without pity when it all goes wrong

Touchscreen technology is of course nothing new to micro$oft, it was a feature of the Toshiba Lifebook/notepad PC almost a decade ago when Win98 was considered to be cutting edge stuff.

simon.evanz48

Reaction score
Hello All,

supanut200042 please I beg that you listen to me, If you are silly enough to download illegal content off the net I would suggest that you at the very least try to sandbox that installation. Tools such as 'VMWare' or 'SandBoxie' are both really good products for achieving a virtual "Testing Environment" if you want to go and install really untested software be it apps or full blown Operating systems.

Furthermore be warned that the majority of "Leaked" content such as Windows 8 are provided by warez groups whom by the way tamper with the internal executables so when suckers like yourself or anybody else installs it you may find that your precious Box has indeed become infected/blocked from certain websites as these unscrupulous malicious idiots have made your box part of some elaborate BotNet or set it up as a SPAM SMTP Server, etc, etc, the list goes on...

Please take my word about this tried and tested process..

Just like the previous post at least wait for RTM build or the SP1 to be released at least then you stand a chance of not being caught out by this racket.

My bad for being a bit off topic..

Darkmere

Reaction score
You know when I first heard of a leak of Windows 7 Beta, I did a search and Microsoft Actually released the Beta to the public the exact same day as the so called leaked version .... kind of makes you wonder?

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
just seen this video of a demo of it on youtube
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p92QfWOw88I

it looks like a massive touch screen windows phone... don't thing i like it.. it doesn't look like a computer until you open MS Office up.

This video confirms my worst fears. They're trying to merge a desktop OS with a mobile OS, and it's just not going to work. I was expecting better from Microsoft. It's a shame, as with new technologies there is a lot of scope for them to really build on Windows 7.

ray.beech42

Reaction score
The real question is: Will we have a choice?

I would have to play with it for 20 minutes to decide if I liked it. Thank God for Best Buy! That way I would at least know if I hated it for when I did buy a new computer.

My wife thought she would hat the iPhone - but within 15 minutes found out how easy it really was.

My only problem is when I become insanely irritated at my computer now it only costs me ten dollars for a mouse. Seems to me a new touch screen will probably cost more.

As I read this thread I wasn't sure I was going to like it, however watching the video I am at least faintly curious.

Interscopia

x10 Caffeine Addict
Prime Account
Reaction score
I don't think i'll be getting windows 8. It doesn't look strong enough to pull me away from Windows 7. Before that I had XP, because Vista was not strong enough to pull me away from it.

Reaction score
Microsoft has confirmed that the system Hardware requirements for Windows 8 will be the same as or lower than those of Windows 7.

I recommend you to buy the most latest Intel desktop boards with highest possible RAM capacity with I7 SAndy Bridge (2nd Generation I7 ).

Sooner or later you'll need to upgrade to newer OS.

Last edited:

theislandcrew

Reaction score
Microsoft has confirmed that the system Hardware requirements for Windows 8 will be the same as or lower than those of Windows 7.

I recommend you to buy the most latest Intel desktop boards with highest possible RAM capacity with I7 SAndy Bridge (2nd Generation I7 ).

Sooner or later you'll need to upgrade to newer OS.

But Win 8, as stated, will be just as demanding as or even lighter than Win 7 in terms of system specs requirement. Why should he/she upgrade to the latest i7 to run Windows 8 while the Core 2 Duo equivalent is already sufficient?

nastus

Reaction score
Honestly, I dont think windows 8 is worth it, they basically took their smartphone OS (which didnt do so well might I add) and added it to their desktop OS. How many of us really have touch screens too? I'd prefer it if they kept to optimization and making things better not trying to appeal to the touch screen market... Just my two cents

carrock

Reaction score
When Microsoft announces it will stop supporting windows 8 in a couple of years that will indicate it's almost completed beta testing and is fairly safe to buy.