• No

Votes: 39 83.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boink

Reaction score
What do you think about this subject?

Should smoking in public be allowed? If so, why? If not, why?

Just curious to see what ya'll think.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Smokers are people to, therefor they should have the same rights. If they wanna smoke outside in public they should be allowed to.

Conor

Reaction score
Smoking in public was recently banned in Ontario. :)

Smokers are people to, therefor they should have the same rights. If they wanna smoke outside in public they should be allowed to.

I disagree. They are smoking for their OWN "enjoyment" and at the same time are putting other people at risk. It would be the same as saying that people should be able to shoot others because they choose to.

Last edited:

Boink

Reaction score
Conor said:

I disagree. They are smoking for their OWN "enjoyment" and at the same time are putting other people at risk. It would be the same as saying that people should be able to shoot others because they choose to.

I totally agree Conor. I don't see why the smokers should be able to smoke in public. In my opinion it is, as you said, putting others at risk.

I

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
How are they putting others at risk if thier smoking outside ???

lambada

Reaction score
Because the carbon Monoxide has to go somewhere, and chances are if people are nearby they will breathe in some of it.

I say smoking in public no, smoking in private yes (Although my mum would say yes to both) :/

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
lambada said:
Because the carbon Monoxide has to go somewhere, and chances are if people are nearby they will breathe in some of it.

I say smoking in public no, smoking in private yes (Although my mum would say yes to both) :/
My grandmother always smoke but she would NEVER smoke in public, Or in her car. Only in her own house with the windows open.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
smoking should not be allowed publicly
privately, its fine

second hand smoke is just as bad as being a primary smoker

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
Conor said:

I live in Ontario and its gt=reat idea but think about it, once you leave the restaurant or wherever you are you go outside and theres smoke everywhere. In my opinion people shouldnt be allowed to smoke on the streets either.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
What city do you live in were the smoke hovers around because of everyone smoking outside. ??? As for carbon monoxide and chemicals in the air... I think cars are doing us more damage than a bunch of ppl outside smoking. I think smoking in public is fine why should smokers have to hide away in thier houses to smoke, if non-smokers don`t like it they can go home.

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
Geoff said:
What city do you live in were the smoke hovers around because of everyone smoking outside. ??? As for carbon monoxide and chemicals in the air... I think cars are doing us more damage than a bunch of ppl outside smoking. I think smoking in public is fine why should smokers have to hide away in thier houses to smoke, if non-smokers don`t like it they can go home.

Even so smoking is a horrible thing that kills people and people around you. Second hand smoke kills way to many people a year!!!!!

Chris Z

Reaction score
i say no-i think that they shuoldn't be able to smoke around people because i had a good friend that was on the bus the other day and he started coughing/choking because he had an allergic reaction to a cigarette burning or something, he turned out to be ok but he was not looking to good when he had the allergic reaction

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I dont mean to offend any one (geoff especially) but I personally hate smokers, It is SOOOO unattractive and your just paying to kill yourself :(

I think publically as long as they are not around anyone, it's fine (but still nasty and should stick to killing themselves at home)

Thats just how i view it and please please no one get offended ;)

Last edited:

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
No offence taken at all Tyler, this is just a discussion. :) It is a discusting habit I agree and it makes you look terrible. But why with all the other problems in the world today are we focusing all our efforts to put down smokers, surely we can find a better cause out there to put our time into.

Boink

Reaction score
Geoff said:
No offence taken at all Tyler, this is just a discussion. :) It is a discusting habit I agree and it makes you look terrible. But why with all the other problems in the world today are we focusing all our efforts to put down smokers, surely we can find a better cause out there to put our time into.

I wouldn't say we are putting smokers down. I would say that we are simply letting them know that they will die and they are making themselves look and smell bad.

Granted it may come out rude and mean but that's not how we want it to sound, we are just letting them know. :eek:wned:

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Believe me, any smoker out there know`s all that and hates it as much as you do. There comes a time in a smokers life were it turns into more of an addiction than a habit. It`s not nice and it`s very hard to quit.

Richard

Reaction score
Geoff said:
But why with all the other problems in the world today are we focusing all our efforts to put down smokers
Because smokers are an easy target and governments are too afraid/incompetent to do anything drastic. They create a false illusion that they are doing something good for the country meanwhile its only a small part of the problem.

The other side to this is that governments don't like to take on corporates because they know it will be harder. You don't see governments trying to get cigarette companies to make cleaner cigarettes or better filters do you.

chaganlal1

Reaction score
Definately No it shouldnt be allowed simply because the second hand smoke is more dangerous then the origional smoke. Second are all kind of disabled people (with asthma) that it would effect & small children.

dharmil

Reaction score
its prety simle i dont soke so i dont want caners becaus of that

The_Magistrate

Reaction score
I feel that it is alright for smokers to smoke in outdoor public places. That I don't mind. It's when I'm inside and choking on unventilated smoke that bothers the heck out of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.