Solution to X10's growth problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Basically, we learned from our errors and will not repeat them.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Thats good. But we need STABLE hosting.

We give you a pretty damn stable, good hosting experience, free. Most downtime is caused by:

1. Expensive software not made for free hosting.
2. Server moves/hardware upgrade to IMPROVE THE SERVICE.

If you think we aren't doing a good job, kindly leave.

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
We give you a pretty damn stable, good hosting experience, free. Most downtime is caused by:

I understand that you guys are doing the best possible you can and this disaster caused by the cPanel's undocumented feature, not by your fault.

Everyone of us has the right to leave, if we don't like your service, but we do like this service and therefore we have posted in this thread, if I put myself on the fris server then I would have created account on another free hosting service and would have parked my domain there and when maintainance gets completed I would have shifted my site here.I think as a webmaster I should take regular backups of my sites and store them in different locations, so in the time of disaster I have my secondary plan ready and my users are happy.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Everyone of us has the right to leave, if we don't like your service, but we do like this service and therefore we have posted in this thread, if I put myself on the fris server then I would have created account on another free hosting service and would have parked my domain there and when maintainance gets completed I would have shifted my site here.I think as a webmaster I should take regular backups of my sites and store them in different locations, so in the time of disaster I have my secondary plan ready and my users are happy.

That is what I like to hear!

justin.scherer14

Reaction score
I have been relatively new to x10hosting. But, I have to say, that you guys are actually trying to do something here compared to others. Everyone has the right to share their opinion as does everyone has the right to leave their hosting provider. I am saying this because if you do not like something you change it. Your guys attitude on your hosting is great and it is one that I share when creating a website. If you do not like it then leave.

Overall, your service has been great and I understand the headaches you all have when something does not work and your customers get really ticked off. I, myself, have a computer building service and have repeatedly had customers come up to me and tell me this is not what they wanted or something is not working. I have realized that, most of the time, it is something that they did or it is something that they signed off for that they did not read.

My whole point on this post is that do not just say that the hosting sucks and that you all need to get your act straight. We need to all come together as a community and figure out ways that, us the customers, can solve our problems. It looks like you guys have a solution and it sounds like one that will work. Us, as the customers, need to follow the hidden rules on making website, backup often and expect things to go wrong. Thank you so much for your web hosting and this solution looks like it should work, in theory at least ;).

Reaction score

nandifamily , leafypiggy is correct x10 hosting are offering great host FREE. IF U WANT HOSTING THAT SUITS YOU WHY DON'T YOU GO TO X10PREMIUM?

satishan

Reaction score
Does this cPanel has predefined limit such that it can handle 160 users concurrently or hardwares are at threshold limit..? its upgrades can fix this..?

By the way, whateva happens m not gonna leave x10hosting, thats for sure....

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Does this cPanel has predefined limit such that it can handle 160 users concurrently or hardwares are at threshold limit..? its upgrades can fix this..?

By the way, whateva happens m not gonna leave x10hosting, thats for sure....

It has a connection limit that specifies it will handle a specified amount of connections, similar to the connection limit Apache has and how many worker processes it will launch before it no longer accepts new connections until the others expire (generally after a minute or two, depending on the keep-alive setting). It's not server resources that are causing the issues, however the connection limits are set to help manage server resources.

Really, if it were resources on the server causing the issues, you would more likely see sites slowing down, complaining about not enough memory available or an out of disk error. Not much else you would see.

Last edited:

satishan

Reaction score
thanks for explanation,
that means more than160 users concurrently, commanding in cPanel..or they are engaged(just connected).
Can't we timeout the next logins when more than 160 users are already loged-in in cPanel for free hosting..?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
thanks for explanation,
that means more than160 users concurrently, commanding in cPanel..or they are engaged(just connected).
Can't we timeout the next logins when more than 160 users are already loged-in in cPanel for free hosting..?

I have been through WHM and cPanel itself (obviously not on x10's servers), but I am not aware of any option to really adjust the timeout on these connections for cPanel. Good chance that is in one of those encrypted files that Corey mentioned that contains the connection limit value. But basically, if cPanel's web server works the same way as Apache does, when you are able to get a hold of an Apache worker thread, it's pretty much your own worker for however long the time out is or for however long you are visiting the website if you do not let the worker time out. No one else will be able to be served by that worker thread, a new one would have to be created. It's why in some cases, people can still browse a website but others cannot connect on and off, yet everything comes from one server. If Keep-Alive is turned off, sure you can basically alleviate this, but it adds additional load to the server.

Last edited:

jputter17

Reaction score
Guys I know you add cPanel for the users, and it is great to use, however myself I am not particularly bothered about cPanel as I upload stuff via ftp and then on top of that I install my own php versions of stuff like joomla etc without using cpanel.

What about actually having an option for those that wish not to use cpanel to be able to remove it after an account has been created, surely quite a few people will remove it and thus free up some of your users, that way no one can complain because you are still offering what others don't and they have the option to not use it.

magnetix.gaming39

Reaction score
Guys I know you add cPanel for the users, and it is great to use, however myself I am not particularly bothered about cPanel as I upload stuff via ftp and then on top of that I install my own php versions of stuff like joomla etc without using cpanel.

What about actually having an option for those that wish not to use cpanel to be able to remove it after an account has been created, surely quite a few people will remove it and thus free up some of your users, that way no one can complain because you are still offering what others don't and they have the option to not use it.

I'll agree with with the option of using cpanel or not. But cpanel is not just for uploading your files. It includes the necessary tools to maintain your web server. Specially it will be useful for first time users as myself.

lynnwood

Reaction score
I agree that we there should be an option for whether or not I would like to have cPanel as part of my account properties. I actually have zero need for it and would much prefer some actual uptime.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Having an option to not have cPanel would not work as it would require a completely different system to manage those accounts and a long time to develop a system to manage them. We already have a new solution that we're in the process of implementing, the results so far are very promising.

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread as I believe it has run its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.