Sprite artist, game development

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmason

Reaction score
Sorry I'm not much of a 'pixel artist' and for this task I believe that type would serve you best.

Also, no disrespect but is Pokemon really still that popular? Online role-playing games are usually very addictive and can turn out to be a great web success. I would recommend getting up with some other people in developing a unique game that could generate some real public interest and an acceptable source of income as well.

Whatever the results, best of luck to you and let me know how it turns out. Oh yeah those links are dead for me.

LuzTeTT

Reaction score
Sorry I'm not much of a 'pixel artist' and for this task I believe that type would serve you best.

Also, no disrespect but is Pokemon really still that popular? Online role-playing games are usually very addictive and can turn out to be a great web success. I would recommend getting up with some other people in developing a unique game that could generate some real public interest and an acceptable source of income as well.

Whatever the results, best of luck to you and let me know how it turns out. Oh yeah those links are dead for me.

I'm not entirely a massive fan of Pokemon, but I have a fanbase looking in specific to such a game - and I've played one which I believe needed great improvement, which I directly implied to the developers... and got removed from the game permanently. =D Now I hold a grudge, and I am developing the game as a counter-act against what they did, probably to steal their players but most likely as a ego trip for myself... and I need the experience. Before I realised Pokemon wasn't such a popular thing for those that aren't youthfull (i.e, myself and everybody else I know > 10 years of age =P), I'd already been too far into development to just drop the idea due to 'increase of age'.

Though, I do find that people tend to get hooked onto the Pokemon series very easily. It's something everybody seems to recall from their memories, playing the TCG, the GameBoy games, watching the anime series and stealing each others Pokemon cards... and I have found that people get interested really quickly. It attracts an audience no other genre can (or seems to). People tend to forget their youth after teenage-hood, and are always on an on-going rally to figure out what made them happy as a child. After very slight research, I've noticed people find that small sense of youthful-ness with things like Pokemon.

As for my website... at the time x10hosting was doing some modifications to the web server and my plan, which I'd recently doubled to recieve more bandwidth and website space. It is definitely up now.

Thanks for replying. And if you read all of this... thanks for reading! =)

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I read it all. =]

From what i have seen of the game so far, it is very well coded, and is quite graphical also.

It looks a lot better than the other pokemon RP that use to be around. =]

kkenny

Reaction score
You have posted this in the wrong section. Next time please read the rules CAREFULLY. Thank you.

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
I don't see what you are talking about. Can someone fill me in? I don't see any links. I did read it all, but it seems like a comment and not a thread starter.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hmmm, i actually told Luztett to post it there, also...it seems that the original post has been removed? Luztett's first post is missing that contained the links.

Status
Not open for further replies.