Subdomain records

Status
Not open for further replies.

univants

Reaction score
Hello,

I want to create a subdomain of an existing domain (I have my own domain name, registered in another domain name provider)
In my domain name provider, a A or CNAME record type is required for Subdomains record.
What are the values that I must use for A and CNAME ?

Sever : Stoli

Thanks !!!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

We do not support adding a domain using only A record or CNAME, for security purposes (to verify you own the domain) we do require you to set our name servers before being able to add the domain to your account with us. The name servers are ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com

Technically you could change back to the ones you had before AFTER adding the domain, the A record would in your case then be: 198.91.81.2

univants

Reaction score
Hello,

I already have an add-on domain in my free account (for example : mydomain.com), and it works fine.
Now, I want to create subdomain of my main domain, say m.mydomain.com for the mobile version of www.mydomain.com, using CPanel, as a subdomain of mydomain.com
Up to now, I can't access to m.mydomain.com

Can you give me a solution ?

I use an another Domain Name provider, and with it, Names servers were set to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com ; A record of the main domain mydomain.com was automatically set to the IP of the Stoli server, and for subdomains, A or CNAME may be given. Should I choose the same value for the A record of subdomain, instead of the IP of the main domain as you suggest ?

Server : Stoli

Thanks !

univants

Reaction score
This problem is now solved.
Use IP of main domain for value of A record of subdomains.

getlawye

Reaction score
Found this post with the search feature instead of posting a new thread 0:)

Anna, or any other staff, can we confirm my understanding of the following:

Premise: I have a domain currently parked somewhere else, but I want to have a subdomain of that domain associated with my x10 hosting account.

Process: I would first have to fully park mydomain.com by setting its nameservers to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com. Then I would create subdomain.mydomain.com and point it to whatever subdirectory of public_html I needed. Then I would create an A record for subdomain.mydomain.com. I would go to the part of cPanel that lets me do this and enter "subdomain" into the name field, leave the TTL field blank, and use my host server at x10's IP address as the address. Then, I would switch the nameservers back over to what they were.

PS: I would get my server's IP with
<?php
echo $_SERVER['SERVER_ADDR'];
?>

Desired result: the place that the domain was originally parked at can resume normal operations, but subdomain.mydomain.com will continue to work for my site here at x10.

Is there anything wrong with my process?

Thanks in advance.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

Then I would create an A record for subdomain.mydomain.com. I would go to the part of cPanel that lets me do this and enter "subdomain" into the name field, leave the TTL field blank, and use my host server at x10's IP address as the address.

Just to clarify, you would need to set the A record at whoever controls the nameservers your domain will be set to. If you change your nameservers back to what they were previously, any A records you have added in x10Hosting's cPanel would not work correctly.

If you set the A record for xo5 (198.91.81.6), this should work. :)

Thank you,

getlawye

Reaction score
Okay well, I might as well keep hijacking then since we're on a roll. Thanks for the replies guys...

So we have our A record set with our domain registrar's control panel, but when I go to the subdomain we're working on, the only thing that comes up is a white page that says "Index of /"

Is there further configuration I need to be doing on the x10 side of things?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

I took a quick look at your account, and I can't see your domain added there. After changing your nameservers to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com, you would need to add the domain as a Parked or Addon Domain in cPanel. You can then configure your subdomain.

Once you have configured your subdomain, you can then change your nameservers back if you wish, and set up an A record pointing to 198.91.81.6 at your domain registrar.

Thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.