!!!! The NEW Biggest thread !!!!

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, the book answer is right, but there is another solution that I prefer for solving these kinds of forumulas because you don't need to know x.
It's: y=9+4(n-1) in which: n is the order of the terms from left to right, so if you were trying to find y for the first term(9) n=1. If the second term(13) n=2, if the third term (17) n=3, and so on! That way, you don't even need to add x into the mix!

zen-r

Reaction score
Hehe. Your answer seems quite reasonable, really. Certainly not as bad as these classics ;

test09.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

test01.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

test03.jpg

test04.jpg

Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
yeah, I'm going through several audio files and editing them so that they can be put up as podcasts... I spent about 2 hours on a 15 min. lecture... :( Sounds fun?

zen-r

Reaction score
The trick is to spend 15mins on a 2hour lecture! Good luck with it.

I've just got my neighbour's net connection working again - he's needs it for business, but he's probably the last person I know still on dial-up!

It's so many years since I used dial-up, it took me a few moments to remember the correct configurations & settings needed. And yes, I did advise him to change to broadband - it'll actually work out a lot cheaper for him given how much he's online, as well as being faster etc.

It's surprising how many people just don't like to change, once they've got comfortable with a way of doing things. :)

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The trick is to spend 15mins on a 2hour lecture! Good luck with it.

I've just got my neighbour's net connection working again - he's needs it for business, but he's probably the last person I know still on dial-up!

It's so many years since I used dial-up, it took me a few moments to remember the correct configurations & settings needed. And yes, I did advise him to change to broadband - it'll actually work out a lot cheaper for him given how much he's online, as well as being faster etc.

It's surprising how many people just don't like to change, once they've got comfortable with a way of doing things. :)

Yeah, we switched to broadband probably about 5 years ago...

zen-r

Reaction score
When I switched, I was one of the 1st in my area to get it, & could enjoy unlimited data allowance with great contention ratios.

Now I have to share the service with every other Tom, Dick, Harry & his Mum who has got in on the act & the service is a lot worse. The network now effectively caps the allowance & throttles back the speed for most of the day & into the night, if one dares to download anything of decent size.

That's progress for you! Have you guys noticed any changes in service, or were you quite late in your area to join the revolution?!

imagecon

Reaction score
Hi zen-r
I am pretty often here. Every day actually. i do not post daily, however... )))

BTW. The killacat is ok. It eats, hunts cockroaches, plays with wires and ****s a lot )

Speaking of the broadband. We have 8Mbits max plans in about $45/month However this speed is more like the moral level than the actual. In 1 theoretical Megabytes sec. you have 800Kb. That is why the most common speed is 2Mbits.

Comparing with the year 2007, speed kicks asses now )

zen-r

Reaction score
...It eats, hunts cockroaches, plays with wires and ****s a lot...

Hehe. Sounds a bit like me! Except when I play with wires I try to describe it as "working" ;)

I just love (not) the way the Internet Service Providers sell their broadband. "Unlimited Service" has hidden in the small print that it is actually subject to "fair use" which actually means "very limited" & subject to whatever data cap they want to impose.

And, with reference to what you said, yes, the speeds they claim when selling the service are actually only the theoretical max possible - the reality of the speeds you get is likely to be much slower.

This is like going into a MacDonalds & ordering a Big Mac & fries, then only receiving half a bun & a potato chip. "Ahh, you should have read the small print. A Big Mac & fries is only the theoretical maximum food you are likely to receive"!! :pat:

Please click my Reputation button
reputation.gif
(at the corner of this post) & make me :) -it costs you nothing!

If I've traded services/credits with you, please remember to leave iTrader Feedback. Thanks.

Last edited:

imagecon

Reaction score
Oh NOOOO!!! McDonald's is the "green milers" food )) Means: the food for those who will die in the nearest future so they may not care about the health any more )))
Speaking of the fast food, I prefer to cook myself. I am the pretty much taste addicted person but nothing can replace the real food for me. Well, except the muffins. I like muffins even if they kill your liver.