The redesign of the redesign of my site. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.

sourfacedcyclop

Reaction score
It looks good, I know you said not to comment on the colors, but the brown in the sidebar doesn't really tie into the design, just thought I'd say... The only thing I would say it maybe a slight gradient on the background, it looks a bit boring with just the solid color. Thats just my opinion though....:)

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
lol yeah. I'm changing that color on the sidebar. It will end up being almost exactly like the theme on my blog ( Http://neilhanlon.co.cc/ ) but without that right sidebar.

:)

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
1) just from reading your little intro there, I would not want to use your services. Why? Becuase I would not trust someone that spells delighted wrong.

2) I don't like the logo that much, and especially not the bevel on webpages
3) too mono-tone
4) nav looks un-evenly spaced

5/10

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score

Really?

I didn't spell check everything. It's not a final product. Frigging...

Steeevoe

Reaction score
Portfolio and Services almost join and make one word!

Partly agress with the mono-tone like diablo says as I'm into bright colours

horseheadinbed

Reaction score
Hello! Since I am new to web design, and struggling to learn Dreamweaver, I'm enjoying looking at everyone's sites! Take a look at this linked site:
http://freelancefolder.com/10-top-seo-techniques/
I think adding that yellow horizontal bar just pops what is a pretty clean, easy to read design, similar to yours, and adds just enough extra jazz. May be something you could consider in your site. Keep up the good work!

monpire

Reaction score
Am I looking at the "new" design when I visit the link on your sig or is it the old one still as of May? Since you said you want comments, here and they are and they're harsh ones. Hopefully you can take harsh criticism.

The logo looks terrible as it is right now. It is like a completely different element from.. I dunno... outer space? It does not fit the website at all. It is floating, and looks lazy as hell. It looks like someone just stole that logo off somewhere and drop it on their website. Zero professionalism. That leads to:

Forget about the Portfolio, after the logo, I don't think I want to look at the portfolio.

The logo also led me to think... did you really do the rest of the website??? Because that looks like two completely different person's works. As I scrolled down to the bottom... yep - theme designed by Woo. Editing someone's works is not called redesigning, it is called stealing even you gave them credit.

Since you claimed yourself as a Web designer also - I wouldn't put my portfolio on a theme designed by someone else's - if you can't even design your own theme/website, forget about putting a portfolio. But as a web developer, it should be fine to put a portfolio on someone else's theme since that's what you are trying to sell yourself as a web developer.

Well, on the other hand, I guess you're not really depending this to get a job or freelance works... just yet. Since you're only 14, there's a long road ahead. Hope I didn't scare you off, just speaking from a designer's stand point.

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
Obviously, you're completely oblivious to everything.

I never said that I designed my blog. I linked to a completely different page.

Please, for lack of a better phrase, F-Off.

If you want to say something to me, PM me.

Lock this please.

Last edited:

nightbandit

Reaction score
Obviously, you're completely oblivious to everything.

I never said that I designed my blog. I linked to a completely different page.

Please, for lack of a better phrase, F-Off.

If you want to say something to me, PM me.

Lock this please.

Hey you wanted criticism and you got it. He's just saying that you didn't even design your own blog. Why wouldn't a web designer design his own blog?

Also I would not want to buy your services. Your redesign is, for lack of a better phrase, ****ty. I'm not saying that your don't have skills. Just trying to say that if you're going to sell your services then your skills have to be way up there.

Maybe if your site looked more like this one: http://renacac.x10hosting.com/
Then I might think about hiring you.

Also try looking at these sites. And try to incorporate things you like about those into your site. You have potential.

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
dude! This topic is more than three months old!

Why would I design a layout for my personal blog when I have more important things to do?

You said he "crtiqued" my design, and yet? He didn't. He reviewed my website because he was too damn lazy to fond the actual link.

Again, as this topic is OVER three months old, it's not the current design of my site. You aren't in my head. You don't know me. Stop trying to think you're all high and mighty. Pretending won't get you far.

monpire

Reaction score
I even stated, "Hopefully you can take criticisms" obviously, you don't, instead of telling me. Oh hey, you went to the wrong link, here's my little site. " Instead, you told me to f off.

I was saying things nicely, but now. Your logo does look like crap, no matter where it is.

dude! This topic is more than three months old!

Why would I design a layout for my personal blog when I have more important things to do?

Like what? Smoking cracks? You're 14, you got all the damned time in the world.

You said he "crtiqued" my design, and yet? He didn't. He reviewed my website because he was too damn lazy to fond the actual link.

For one thing, the only link I found was on your sig. So I criticized what I saw. As for the image you posted, it looked like ****, too.

Again, as this topic is OVER three months old, it's not the current design of my site. You aren't in my head. You don't know me. Stop trying to think you're all high and mighty. Pretending won't get you far.

Did you know anything you posted on here is pretty much PERMANENT? Unless somehow x10hosting goes down... If you didn't want people to see this, don't post it in the first place.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.