Tips on Using Computer

icywind335

Reaction score
Actually, I've made this thread for those who did not depend on their only thoughts... :wink:

I just want to share this: ...
If you'll gonna buy a computer that you want is reliable, secure, and more productive. Then the Windows 7 (Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate) is the best for you. Also don't find any anti-virus or anti-spy-ware. Windows 7 is built for being a secure operating system like what I'm using now. The only software you'll have to use of course the Microsoft Security Essentials. It bring you to the highest level of protection as it is being updated with the other viruses being develop by the other companies. So, no need to worry. I've been using Windows 7 since it has been released, and now I have no virus detected.

Also, there is hidden files that cannot be seen by Windows Explorer even you tick the Show Hidden files on Folder Options. Use 7-zip as the explorer and then if you have suspected USB Flash Drive use 7-zip as it's explorer. Of course, first to scan it with the Microsoft Security Essentials.

Thank you for reading! Thank you! God bless you all! :wink:

Last edited:

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
POPPYCOCK, BALDERDASH and CODSWALLOP everthing else that comes to mind is unprintable

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
POPPYCOCK, BALDERDASH and CODSWALLOP everthing else that comes to mind is unprintable

Tell us how you REALLY feel.....
Seriously, while I cannot say at this time if I agree or disagree with your opinion I would be interested in seeing you expand on that a little.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Putting "Microsoft" and "security" in the same sentence is something I'm not yet willing to accept.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Putting "Microsoft" and "security" in the same sentence is something I'm not yet willing to accept.

Well, THAT is a statement I can absolutely agree with.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
looks like a m$ employee...

Funny. You may be right. Bill Gates looking for some free advertising? Maybe he is starting to feel pressure from Apple and Linux people............:cool:

dibb3386

Reaction score
Hey, guys come on lets here the guy out..... Go on....
Oh me first ok. well i use win7 and over all is great....... if you previously had VISTA.... 7 is pretty bad there is so much work for compatability that need to be done..... almost ALL of my programs fail (web dev, halo portable mods, yes own the game....2 now xbox n PC n free CE edition, n notepadd++ or MS expressions web2, triple triad the game crashes, ) and XP S2 compat...blah blah still dont work or NOT RESPONDING when am working... (no my specs are more than good for win 7)
My 50p (loving my brackets)

Mac n linux boys not so sure had fedora but heard its not the distro to go for lol.... not had the pleasure of a *decent Mac.....Yet.

So from a win user no id go back to XP n use the mods available like the aero (see windows dont get everything wrong/..... very cool)

Last edited:

icywind335

Reaction score
Funny. You may be right. Bill Gates looking for some free advertising? Maybe he is starting to feel pressure from Apple and Linux people............:cool:

But Apple and Linux felt pressure first... Hahaha! At least microsoft has their own personality.... Not Apple and Linux, they're just cousins. And both of them are not open for some programs.

icywind335

Reaction score
Hey, guys come on lets here the guy out..... Go on....
Oh me first ok. well i use win7 and over all is great....... if you previously had VISTA.... 7 is pretty bad there is so much work for compatability that need to be done..... almost ALL of my programs fail (web dev, halo portable mods, yes own the game....2 now xbox n PC n free CE edition, n notepadd++ or MS expressions web2, triple triad the game crashes, ) and XP S2 compat...blah blah still dont work or NOT RESPONDING when am working... (no my specs are more than good for win 7)
My 50p (loving my brackets)

Mac n linux boys not so sure had fedora but heard its not the distro to go for lol.... not had the pleasure of a *decent Mac.....Yet.

So from a win user no id go back to XP n use the mods available like the aero (see windows dont get everything wrong/..... very cool)

That's why there's virtualization of WinXp on windows 7... windows 7 works best for a pc with highest specifications.

Last edited:

leo1954au

Reaction score
I've change from XP to Win 7 and so far haven't had any problems but I've owned and been working on computer since the early 90's so I know aa little bit about them.

Last edited:

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I've just bought my own Mac after moving from my parents Vista computer - it is so much better.

Mind you, now they've upgraded to 7 it's much better.

~Callum

slacker3

Reaction score
microsoft47650.jpg

..reliable, secure, and more productive.

hmm.. you must have changed factory defaults

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Ah yeah, I hate that sodding paper clip.

That looks like '98 to me?

~Callum